January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, macandally said:

Ha, so if I disagree with you I don’t understand football? 

He is a headless chicken irrespective of your view 

He’s box to box and ball drives. I our team that is only good for McGinn or Ramseys role.

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

I wonder if Simakan is on our list? He can play RB and CB, not sure how he has got on this season though. Might also cost a fair bit

One of Geertruida or Simakan and I’d be happy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, striker said:

So you think Eze and Olise from bottom half Palace are out of reach for joint top Villa?

Thats the type of reasoning that has kept Villa ‘a sleeping giant’ for so many years.

No but wtf do we want to pay the fee if would take to sign one of them now?

"A player whom similarities can be drawn with is Philippe Coutinho, who in his heyday was capable of playing across the frontline in as many positions as Baena can. The vision, passing range and comfortability of playing in between the lines are parallel to the player that Coutinho was at Liverpool. A number of Premier League clubs would suit the 22-year-old, especially at the age where the bigger teams can sometimes find it difficult to patiently break down low blocks against the bottom 10 sides'

He sounds perfect for us. 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

"A player whom similarities can be drawn with is Philippe Coutinho, who in his heyday was capable of playing across the frontline in as many positions as Baena can. The vision, passing range and comfortability of playing in between the lines are parallel to the player that Coutinho was at Liverpool. A number of Premier League clubs would suit the 22-year-old, especially at the age where the bigger teams can sometimes find it difficult to patiently break down low blocks against the bottom 10 sides'

Allegedly has a 50m release clause too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

As he isn't a DM or RB then........ no

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But he’s a headless chicken? 

No, but he’s the wrong profile. If we’re adding to midfield it’s either a DM or an AM, imo. Gallagher doesn’t start in front of McGinn or Tielemans (for me) and we only have so much squad space. 

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Left sided where we're currently struggling with at the moment.
Also creativity where we're also struggling with when facing the low block.

RB Juan Foyth is the man for us.

We do not need to always sign former emery players.