January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He would be annihilated defensively as a right back thats why we wont be signing him

Im sure he was playing on the right side with diaby in front of him at times and they were a real handful

Or you play cash at rb and frimpong in front of him. He is one of the best in europe. Dont understand why you wouldn't want him for 40m?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sure he was playing on the right side with diaby in front of him at times and they were a real handful

Or you play cash at rb and frimpong in front of him. He is one of the best in europe. Dont understand why you wouldn't want him for 40m?

Still in a back 3 which we don't play. If we played a back 3 then be a different story

If we sign a right back then they will need to defend

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Still in a back 3 which we don't play. If we played a back 3 then be a different story

If we sign a right back then they will need to defend

I think we might see this happen against the bigger teams

Love Frimpong. Could even see us trying to accommodate him in the summer.

But he is a wingback.

image.png.b80440deb5bb3568496f1b7f6f86b221.png

We need someone more balanced than Cash with a slight tilt to being more defensive but comfortable in possession. Trade off Cash's athleticism for defense and possession. But it's not easy to find someone in the Foyth/Kounde type.

Talk that United will let Sancho go for 26m. I’d take him at that vale. I think the issue is we are now a genuine threat to them in the too 4 so they won’t want to sell to us. 

Talk he’s going to go to Juve! 

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Talk that United will let Sancho go for 26m. I’d take him at that vale. I think the issue is we are now a genuine threat to them in the too 4 so they won’t want to sell to us. 

Price is probably only that low because his wages are massive

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

This👇

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Can't see a scenario where we take Sancho. Lack of motivation everywhere he's gone, poor tracking back, character questions everywhere.

Antithesis of a Unai player.

Don’t want us anywhere near him.

• Like 1

Sancho is on £250k/w + bonuses at Maunre and can't be bothered to act professional. Something he regularly was fined for failing to do at Dortmund too. Just a massive no for me regarding him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why would Spurs do a top 6 rival a favour and sell in form player with 2 goals in 2 games back and year and a half left on contract. This is like Luiz to Arsenal nonsense that people get mad about on here

It was rumoured that Emery was interested in him. Secondly Lo Celso is only playing in the first team due to Spurs spat of injuries. 
Lastly, due to previous history there’s very little to suggest that one rival won’t sell to another if the money is right, especially a squad player!

Therefore, I don’t feel it unreasonable at all to suggest Spurs selling Lo Celso to Villa!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Love Frimpong. Could even see us trying to accommodate him in the summer.

But he is a wingback.

image.png.b80440deb5bb3568496f1b7f6f86b221.png

We need someone more balanced than Cash with a slight tilt to being more defensive but comfortable in possession. Trade off Cash's athleticism for defense and possession. But it's not easy to find someone in the Foyth/Kounde type.

He is being played as a wing back so he isn’t going to look like a defensive right back on paper.

personally I’d like a defensive right back too, AWB.

get both and sell cash 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I’m in no doubt if anyone bid that sort of money Manchester Utd would sell whether to a rival or not.

Sancho has been yet another disastrous transfer for Man U.

Wouldn’t touch any of their players with a barge pole.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is being played as a wing back so he isn’t going to look like a defensive right back on paper.

personally I’d like a defensive right back too, AWB.

get both and sell cash 😂

Even from watching him, he’s got that bit of TAA/Cancelo about him. Not in terms of passing range but in that you’re going to make up for his defensive frailties with his attacking output. 

Given we have little problem scoring but lots defending - I would stray away. 

AWB I wouldn’t want either because he’s like Cash in terms of being AWOL if he’s not 1v1

I can only see a Barkley situation happening with Sancho, he might have a bit of motivation for a few months, then give up.  You need proper dedication to be a top PL player and it would be totally out of keeping with the rest of his career if he managed it.  Someone else can gamble on it.