January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Just now, striker said:

Been watching Lo Celso closely against Villa and now against City.

Very good tidy player who would be a quality replacement for either McGinn or Luiz to give those players a rest.

I know Villa would have to deal with Levy but he’d be a very good squad signing and much better than Donk!

I think he has worked with emery as well before so it could be a good move

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Very good tidy player who would be a quality replacement for either McGinn or Luiz to give those players a rest.

I know Villa would have to deal with Levy but he’d be a very good squad signing and much better than Donk!

yeah, would be a good squad depth addition. Unai definitely trusts him as well (signed him twice already)

4 hours ago, striker said:

Why would Spurs do a top 6 rival a favour and sell in form player with 2 goals in 2 games back and year and a half left on contract. This is like Luiz to Arsenal nonsense that people get mad about on here

• Like 2

Is Lenglet actually injured?

He's played a few games in europa for us yet isn't even making the bench for premier league. Can see Barca recalling him in January as he's playing way less than he was for Spurs 12 months back.

Can see him, Donk, Chambers and Traore all moving on next month which hopefully gives enough flexibility for 2-3 to come in and actually make a difference off the bench or starting. RB for sure will be coming in you suspect so Konsa basically just plays CB for whole of second half of the season which we need.

8 hours ago, villa82 said:

We could play Konza..

Yes once we get to QF stage we'll be playing our first choices as can't think of too many teams who've attempted to win European competitions playing reserve players at quarters or SF stage.

Would be like Man. City resting Ruben Dias if they were playing Real Madrid in CL SF just to play him against Burnley in the league.

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

yeah, would be a good squad depth addition. Unai definitely trusts him as well (signed him twice already)

I think we probably enquired right at the start of the summer but it's Levy so you know the rest.

Then moved on to Tielemans who's a similar profile and he's starting to show what he was like at Leicester which is promising. 

• Like 1

I don’t want to see Konsa at right back again nor Tielemans in the double pivot. 

They are the glaring deficiencies in the squad at the moment so just a question of whether we can attract the calibre of right back and 6/8 hybrid that we need in January. 

Then try and sell/loan Donks, Chambers and Traore to balance the books where we can. 

In the summer we can look at striker cover, whether an upgrade to Zaniolo is needed and reserve GK. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why would Spurs do a top 6 rival a favour and sell in form player with 2 goals in 2 games back and year and a half left on contract. This is like Luiz to Arsenal nonsense that people get mad about on here

We're going for top 4. Spurs are not our rivals

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I don’t want to see Konsa at right back again nor Tielemans in the double pivot. 

They are the glaring deficiencies in the squad at the moment so just a question of whether we can attract the calibre of right back and 6/8 hybrid that we need in January. 

Then try and sell/loan Donks, Chambers and Traore to balance the books where we can. 

In the summer we can look at striker cover, whether an upgrade to Zaniolo is needed and reserve GK. 

Emery out? DakotaVilla in?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’ve been saying we needed another top DCM to rotate with Kamara/injuries and suspensions.

the konsa at right back crew are deeply wrong

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Still want frimpong if that 40m clause is true its a no brainer

Again he isnt a right back 😂

We arent ripping our tactics up mid season to sign Frimpong

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Again he isnt a right back 😂

We arent ripping our tactics up mid season to sign Frimpong

Yes you said this before a d j answered that he is a right wing back that can also play rb

He played there before in his career. You just dont forget that.

Furthermore he can play the role that cash did against spurs

He would be a unbelievable signing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes you said this before a d j answered that he is a right wing back that can also play rb

He played there before in his career. You just dont forget that.

Furthermore he can play the role that cash did against spurs

He would be a unbelievable signing

He would be annihilated defensively as a right back thats why we wont be signing him

8 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

100%. Bournemouth exploited this by flooding the midfield and attacking down the right. Teams can spot our weaknesses and exploit them. Konsa looked way more comfortable in his usual position and Youri was too deep to really influence the game.