January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

On 30/11/2023 at 13:17, paul514 said:

No thanks doesn’t suit us IMO and is always injured from those bursting sprints 

sorry, I was joking Paul.

I was taking the michael out my own attraction to height.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Pretty sure Diaby was signed because Williams didn't want to leave Bilbao.  With Bailey looking significantly better this season, we'd be better off spending big on finding a better left sided player to compete with Buendia next season instead of Zaniolo.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Pretty sure Diaby was signed because Williams didn't want to leave Bilbao.  With Bailey looking significantly better this season, we'd be better off spending big on finding a better left sided player to compete with Buendia next season instead of Zaniolo.  

Pedro Goncalves?

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is how I imagine you from now on….

IMG_1813.jpeg

Quality, Nick.

Reminds me, of Hilda Baker and "Big Cynthia" comedy act.

" She Knows y'know!"

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

I think its so easy to spend big money on wingers who flatter to deceive or are inconsistent.

Wingers like Gordon, Bowen and Snodgrass, just off the top of my head, are robust are not easily, beaten off the ball....They last the 90 odd minutes of a game, most of the time, always in the thick of it.

There are quicker, more will o' the wisp types....but usually "Highly Strung " and hit an miss....These can be very expensive luxuries.

If we spend big money, we need to be as sure, as we can, we have players, who can raise our profile and be effective, most of the time.

I think Man U have fell in to this trap, with wingers...The Ryan Giggs's don't grow on trees.

55 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Doubt it. We were rumoured to be after doku and other young wingers even after we signed diaby. 

55 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Williams plays on both sides. He's very 2 footed. 

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

You mean someone like Ramsey? With him and Buendia, we have our left side. Zaniolo is just covering that position whilst both were out injured.

16 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

You mean someone like Ramsey? With him and Buendia, we have our left side. Zaniolo is just covering that position whilst both were out injured.

I really like Zaniolo, think he looks quality… granted this might be why I’m not a football scout at any level. 

41 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I really like Zaniolo, think he looks quality… granted this might be why I’m not a football scout at any level. 

Needs to stay on the ball more, and not lose it so easily.....then I will like him more.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Needs to stay on the ball more, and not lose it so easily.....then I will like him more.

The betting charges against him seem to be heading form only a fine.  Once this is sorted, it's Zaniolo time

On 01/12/2023 at 09:00, MotoMkali said:

Yes but the choice isn't just between Bailey and mcginn. Bailey still has like 8 mil of FFP cost on the books Mcginn has zero. Mcginn could likely be sold for more as well. If you are talking nearly 20 mil in ffp difference that's a big deal in terms of bringing in top quality players. Also maybe we don't have any takers for Bailey. 

Also mcginn is older, we as fans have no clue how he will age. The club will have a much better idea of it I would imagine. If McGinn is one of those players that just falls off a cliff once he hits 32 then the club need to sell him between now and then. 

I was referring to the last line in your previous post below, when I said there wouldn't be a choice between the two in my opinion. That said, again I accept the points that you have made, but our captain's still not worth selling in my opinion.  

On 30/11/2023 at 16:56, MotoMkali said:

So Bailey and Mcginn. We could probably get like 30 mil for Bailey but Mcginn we could get somewhere in the 40-50 mil range which would cover us for whatever we purchase the new winger for basically. 

Leaving the question of who we might sell, which I'm happy to leave to UE and his team. As our current captain has been mentioned, does anyone else think it might be time to make a cheeky offer for one of our previous captains, in one of the next two windows? He has a couple of medals in his pocket now and might like a move from Citeh's bench, to try and win some more, as well as to keep his place in the England squad. Even if it didn't happen, it would be hilarious to see the player's reaction, as well as that of Pep and the Citeh fans..£45m-£50m anyone?;)