January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

18 hours ago, paul514 said:

Rather spend a bit more and get Frimpong

Just signed Levekeusen contract to 2028 or something. 

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I would take McTominay to replace Dendoncker.

I said similar last year, got laughs, but it was a good suggestion, but at this point, I don’t think United can afford to get rid of him.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He doesn't seem rated by alot of people... But I've always liked him lol

Having Meatball here would certainly help him too!

As well as the fact that we seen to have a knack of signing players who know each other somehow, almost by design!

He would offer something, we don't have.....our current midfield are ballers, but a bit of diversity for the squad, would help in certain fixtures.....a bit of what Joelinton and Soucek offer.

He is not rated by some, because he is not a baller....but we have plenty of them already.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Big fat so what

If reports we sold Archer et al to get in line with FFP we're not spending mega bucks on someone just signed a new 5 year contract. That would be stupid and terrible business

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Just signed Levekeusen contract to 2028 or something. 

I said similar last year, got laughs, but it was a good suggestion, but at this point, I don’t think United can afford to get rid of him.

I am not looking to replace ball skills, I was looking to create diversity, which would help in certain games, when the going gets physical or scrappy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If reports we sold Archer et al to get in line with FFP we're not spending mega bucks on someone just signed a new 5 year contract. That would be stupid and terrible business

Reports from an ownership that says nothing, and he is exactly what we should sign for a RB.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Reports from an ownership that says nothing, and he is exactly what we should sign for a RB.

It was said to come from Emery. He's barely playing RB for Bayer anymore. Why would they want to sell unless for stupid money? Why did we hire wheeler dealer Monchi only to wait for player to sign long contract extension before going in for him? Makes zero sense

Edited by Kiwivillan

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It was said to come from Emery. He's barely playing RB for Bayer anymore. Why would they want to sell unless for stupid money? Why did we hire wheeler dealer Monchi only to wait for player to sign long contract extension before going in for him? Makes zero sense

Ah right well you can link the video where he said it then..... 

It doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I am not looking to replace ball skills, I was looking to create diversity, which would help in certain games, when the going gets physical or scrappy.

Always been a big fan of McTominay, and seeing him and McGinn together, it's tantalising to imagine them at Villa. That's what I thought last year though. Not sure what I think now. 

13 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think we can attract anyone who will improve out first XI until we get into the CL.

It'll be fascinating to watch our moves, or non-moves. Even without CL, quality players want to play in the PL, and would love to play for Emery and get paid handsomely in the process, but I see your point. The only players good enough to replace our players would likely want guaranteed CL football straight away.

Which makes qualifying such a massive step. But also shows just how good we are right now that the only players out there who can actually improve us are the very elite. It'll be strange days when we start looking for upgrades on some of the absolute studs we presently have. 

Moreno and Ramsey returning will be like "early" January signings. As for the window itself, if a striker or RB are identified and available, hopefully Monchi makes moves.

And if we actually qualify for the Champions League, he will try to assemble a team over the summer that is good enough to win it.

14 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think we can attract anyone who will improve out first XI until we get into the CL.

My logical brain agrees with you but I've also been thinking "how do we sign the next step up without European football" for at least 18 months.

Hope there's another Moreno-esque target (inb4 Matt) out there.

16 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think we can attract anyone who will improve out first XI until we get into the CL. But our squad could definitely do with a few upgrades as the likes of Olsen, Chambers Dendoncker and Traore are clearly not trusted to play in the system, as they aren't even getting many minutes in the cups now. Competition at RB would also be help. 

We attracted our whole first 11 without Champions league. Most of them without even playing in Europe.