Plymouth Argyle

Rds1983

On 26/08/2023 at 17:37, rjw63 said:

Starting this thread obviously jinxed them today, losing to the Web-Footed-Molestors.

Clearly knew what I was doing starting this thread when they played the scum. Set it up a peach for the final day!

Green Army!

• Like 1

Great season for them. Would've been safe by early April if Schumacher hadn't bailed out mid season.

Do fear for them next season if they lose Morgan Whittaker as they have little in final third apart from him.

Did their job today and that's all we can ask.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Great season for them. Would've been safe by early April if Schumacher hadn't bailed out mid season.

Do fear for them next season if they lose Morgan Whittaker as they have little in final third apart from him.

Did their job today and that's all we can ask.

Argyle have exceeded expectations by staying up, especially after losing Schumacher to Stoke.

Hopefully they’ll install a good manager in preseason and keep the nucleus of their squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Argyle have exceeded expectations by staying up, especially after losing Schumacher to Stoke.

Hopefully they’ll install a good manager in preseason and keep the nucleus of their squad. 

Their transfer record is £1m. They could easily sell a few players and have £20-30m for a rebuild and completely overhaul their squad. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Their transfer record is £1m. They could easily sell a few players and have £20-30m for a rebuild and completely overhaul their squad. 

Absolutely, Whittaker is clearly their jewel in the crown and would fetch a decent fee considering his goal returns this season.

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Absolutely, Whittaker is clearly their jewel in the crown and would fetch a decent fee considering his goal returns this season.

Whittaker, Mumbai, Cooper, could all fetch decent money. Hopefully, they can strengthen in the summer and do better next season. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Whittaker, Mumbai, Cooper, could all fetch decent money. Hopefully, they can strengthen in the summer and do better next season. 

We were heavily linked with Cooper until his bad injury but now we have Gauci cannot see us reviving our interest.

i already think he’s a better keeper than Olson 😬

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I wonder where whittaker will end up in the summer.

Can't see him staying at Plymouth.

I sent a 10 pages scout report on him to Villa when Deano was in charge and he was in Derby u23, so I hope he ends up somewhere good or even better at VP!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

I sent a 10 pages scout report on him to Villa when Deano was in charge and he was in Derby u23, so I hope he ends up somewhere good or even better at VP!

How did you rate him?

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

How did you rate him?

It was factual rather than opinion, talking about his position, role within the team, key moments of both the game and his involvement. I recommend that they investigated him further.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

I'll be honest though I hate shit like this. Winds me up.

Makes me angry that people who don't give an ass to read reports fail to do better.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be honest though I hate shit like this. Winds me up.

Makes me angry that people who don't give an ass to read reports fail to do better.

I don't think deano was eligible for the U23s then.

• 3 weeks later...

Talksport reckon Shrek to Plymouth is going to happen.

https://talksport.com/football/1893865/wayne-rooney-plymouth-manager-birmingham/

Wayne Rooney has been announced as the new manager at Championship club Plymouth.

The Manchester United and England legend was relieved of his duties as Birmingham manager in January, but has now landed a surprise comeback in the second tier.

Surely they cannot be THAT **** stupid???

• Sad 1

Â