Plymouth Argyle

Rds1983

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

That was fun.

Palace couldn't get near Plymouth for 60 mins, brought on Jordan Ayew, Jeff Schlupp and Eze and scored 3 goals in 5 mins to get the score to 3-2.

Plymouth's second was a worldie.

Kane Kesler was man of the match by miles.  Went from right back and kept dropping into that deep midfielder role and just spraying passes around.  Put a palace player on his arse when dribbling and looked really good.  He was officially MOTM too, so not just my villa bias.

Finn Azaz came on after about 75 mins and didn't do very well, lost possession about 3 times.

Mateta scored 3, but was absolutely awful in everything apart from his 3 finishes.  If you can stop the ball getting to him, his absolutely woeful.

Number 5/7 for Plymouth cost them the game really, couldn't get back and make up for mistakes they made.

Lovely ground, the football Plymouth played was really good for a newly promoted championship team.  They'll be fine this year.  

What is a JANNER and why do they say it so loudly?!

A janner is a colloquial term for someone from Plymouth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

What is a JANNER and why do they say it so loudly?!

Some debate whether it is someone from Devon, South Devon or just Plymouth.

Linked to the navy/sea in some way from what I remember. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Beat Norwich 6-2 today. Really good result for them.

Shame they had to lose in added time to scum heath or they’d be further up the table.

Edited by rjw63
Wankpot autocorrect
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Very good result for them and they appear to be doing not to bad either currently sitting 3pts off the play off positions.

They're a little bit inconsistent with results and team selections, but that's to be expected with their first season back in the Championship for over a decade. They've also got a relatively young squad that will take time to gel and mature. 

• 3 months later...

Lost Azaz, Lee Cundle, Kesler-Hayden, and Lewis Warrington this month, also Tyreik Wright has gone back to Bradford on loan.

As I thought Ian Foster is making use of his England youth connections with loan signings of Darko Gyabi and Ashley Phillips, they could do with a few more,

8 hours ago, useless said:

Lost Azaz, Lee Cundle, Kesler-Hayden, and Lewis Warrington this month, also Tyreik Wright has gone back to Bradford on loan.

As I thought Ian Foster is making use of his England youth connections with loan signings of Darko Gyabi and Ashley Phillips, they could do with a few more,

A lot of disruption for them which could easily ruin their season and send them back down.

Hopefully not though. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, useless said:

Sousa can't play tonight because he wasn't part of the Plymouth squad for the original game against Leeds

Didn't realise that was a rule. Still good to see them on the TV.

Whittaker would be a great pick up for Villa in the summer. Backup striker but could also cover on the right. Fast, can dribble and pass and a natural goal scorer.

• 1 month later...

Foster Departs

Plymouth Argyle can confirm Head Coach Ian Foster has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect. yesterday's 1-0 defeat to Bristol City saw the club fail to win and score in five successive home games, with Argyle now sitting just one point above the relegation zone. Director of Football Neil Dewsnip supported by first-team coach Kevin Nancekivell will take charge of the team for the remainder of the season

I say few kind words about Foster

He had a pretty good start, I think it was one defeat in his first six, and to be fair in their recent poor bad run they've had some really tough fixtures playing either some of the divisions best or most in form teams, and have to remember they had a weak squad relative to the rest of the division to begin with, and that was made all the more so by the players they lost in January, I've seen a lot of Plymouth fans that agree with the decision but that also don't blame Foster

But why it's understandable that he has been sacked

Five straight home defeats, one win in their last eleven home and away, of course some difficult fixtures, but they needed to at least scrape an extra point here and there, hasn't really left them with much choice, they needed to do something if it's the difference between staying up or not

1 hour ago, useless said:

I say few kind words about Foster

He had a pretty good start, I think it was one defeat in his first six, and to be fair in their recent poor bad run they've had some really tough fixtures playing either some of the divisions best or most in form teams, and have to remember they had a weak squad relative to the rest of the division to begin with, and that was made all the more so by the players they lost in January, I've seen a lot of Plymouth fans that agree with the decision but that also don't blame Foster

But why it's understandable that he has been sacked

Five straight home defeats, one win in their last eleven home and away, of course some difficult fixtures, but they needed to at least scrape an extra point here and there, hasn't really left them with much choice, they needed to do something if it's the difference between staying up or not

They've had some tough fixtures but completely blown ones they should have won recently. They were 10 points clear of the relegation zone and are now one of the favourites to drop.

They lost some key player's in January and replaced with unproven kids which certainly didn't help.

Thr winless home run is one of the worst runs in the clubs entire history. 

Growing up in Devon, having family still down there and reading Pasoti, the vast majority of fans desperately wanted him gone.

Thought they'd give Warnock the gig but seems he's interested in putting some money in to take over Torquay?! So going back to the caretakers they had for a few weeks over xmas who picked up results.

Next two are huge for them, Rotherham away and QPR at home. Badly need 4 points from those two games.

Â