Weekends Football 25/27 August

andykeenan

West Ham look good so far this season, whole league is stronger and tougher as I predicted it would be.

Floundering teams from last season won't be as bad either.

We'll have to be as close to our best as often as possible to fulfill our ambitions 

• Like 1

Just now, villan95 said:

Was talking about Moyes/West Ham 😆

I was getting confused for a bit. West Ham have looked very solid. Back to how they started a couple of years ago. Doesn't seem like they are missing Rice too much.

Brighton could be a blip but when you look at their team and it has players like Milner, Gilmour and Welbeck starting you wonder whether they might struggle a bit in the league this season especially being in the europa league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Nah agree with @bobzy, much rather hear about the latest 18 year old Armenian wonder kid they've just signed than media blowing their load over "Angeball"

Of course I'd prefer people to talk about us but ultimately it's different expectations for a club of our size e.g people pointing out why we haven't won a trophy for nearly 30 years now.

Oh I hate the spurs hype too. And the Newcastle hype, Arsenal hype, hated the Leeds hype when they got promoted. There is always a flavour of the month that starts to do my head in. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

West Ham look good so far this season, whole league is stronger and tougher as I predicted it would be.

We'll have to be as close to our best as often as possible to fulfill our ambitions 

I don't know- Wolves, Everton and the 3 promoted teams look fairly cack. The gap between the prem and the championship is cavernous. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I was getting confused for a bit. West Ham have looked very solid. Back to how they started a couple of years ago. Doesn't seem like they are missing Rice too much.

Brighton could be a blip but when you look at their team and it has players like Milner, Gilmour and Welbeck starting you wonder whether they might struggle a bit in the league this season especially being in the europa league

Nah they won’t struggle, will be in and around the top 6 

I get what @WallisFrizz is on about. It was a bit like that at times when Wolves were the hipster’s choice club trying to take the top six by storm. Then it was Sheffield United, then Leeds. Although I’m fairly ambivalent about Brighton. I’d rather them do well than a lot of other clubs in the league. That’s mainly because I dislike other clubs rather than liking Brighton. 

Plus guys, it’s football, it’s often irrational to dislike something and that’s ok.

Brighton do seem to have it in them to suffer a surprise defeat out of the blue (Everton towards the end of last season, Forest just before that). Them losing to West Ham today probably doesn’t hurt us in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not seen or heard much in the media to get offended by but there's definitley a few on here who will completely ignore everything and anything we've done in the Transfermarket to blow smoke up Brightons ass

Martinez and Luiz are as good as anything they've done, Watkins is a better striker than any they've bought

There's an element of stepping over our own club to congratulate them

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gonna have to beat the refs too by the looks of it if we're going to do anything 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not seen or heard much in the media to get offended by but there's definitley a few on here who will completely ignore everything and anything we've done in the Transfermarket to blow smoke up Brightons ass

Martinez and Luiz are as good as anything they've done, Watkins is a better striker than any they've bought

There's an element of stepping over our own club to congratulate them

It was bordering on offensive to suggest they might struggle to pick up many points against clubs higher up in the league than them, such was the admiration of them in certain quarters.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Oh I hate the spurs hype too. And the Newcastle hype, Arsenal hype, hated the Leeds hype when they got promoted. There is always a flavour of the month that starts to do my head in. 

Must have been quite conflicting when it was us :D 

Middlesbrough were twenty-first in the table after sixteen games when Carrick took over, he did a brilliant job to take them where he did, only Burnley were playing better football in the Championship, their form dipped towards the end of the season when Aaron Ramsey and Forss got injured.

This season they've lost most of their better players from last season, Akpom, Ramsey, Archer, Mowatt, and Giles, I'm not sure if they've made a very good try of it, but near impossible for a Championship team to replace that kind of quality, Mowatt's gone back to Albion, but the rest are going to be playing in the Premier League this season after big money moves, and in Akpom's case going to be playing for Ajax

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

What a shit day, all the local vermin winning.

Better take those three points tomorrow Villa.

Not to mention dirty Leeds.  

• Like 1

I don't like these "upsets" though. Or, at least, Brighton losing.  It seems surprising, and therefore something almost contagious. It just gets me unsettled before Burnley, like I can already see the disappointing headlines on Monday ...

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Gosh, seeing the lack of a home crowd in the watford v Blackburn game reminds me of the grim first 18 months of the championship years….it’s really striking how support just falls away in those early games, only when you have a shot of promotion and are winning games do they pack the place out! Was the same with us 

Â