Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

37 minutes ago, lexicon said:

You need a degree of tenacity and aggression in the side. We've lost a ton of that with Buendia and Mings out for the season, and Ramsey out too meant we were soft as shit against Newcastle. 

I completely agree. Just my point that Acuna has 360 degrees of tenacity 😅

Digne is good at both defending and attacking but I don’t think he’s brilliant at either, whereas I think that Acuna would be great when we need to defend down that side, Moreno is great when we play against a team that we can really attack down that side.

I also feel like Acuna would have the edge as he seems very competitive and tenacious and would push the others to be better, something we need now that Mings is out for most / all of the season.

In all honesty all I know of this guy is from ultimate team. He's always highly rated 80+ and always gets an out of position card, Sevilla fans seemed to joke that he doesn't have a position similar to Kostic, he just plays "left" and if you need a CM, CB, LW, LB LM etc then he can fill in there. 

I'd say he's a good replacement for Young in terms of fitting in anywhere on the pitch but I don't know if he's got close to the same of pitch qualities that Young had. 

I'll be happy with the signing for sure. Be sad to see Digne go, he was one of my favourite left backs in the league when he was at Everton and I was sure he would be a huge success here. 

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

In all honesty all I know of this guy is from ultimate team. He's always highly rated 80+ and always gets an out of position card, Sevilla fans seemed to joke that he doesn't have a position similar to Kostic, he just plays "left" and if you need a CM, CB, LW, LB LM etc then he can fill in there. 

I'd say he's a good replacement for Young in terms of fitting in anywhere on the pitch but I don't know if he's got close to the same of pitch qualities that Young had. 

I'll be happy with the signing for sure. Be sad to see Digne go, he was one of my favourite left backs in the league when he was at Everton and I was sure he would be a huge success here. 

Another player with positional flexibility like Zaniolo. Similar targets for the squad with injuries and rotation likely. 

43 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I mean half our fanbase does it about something we won 41 years ago so...

That was an actual European cup to become European champions. The Sevilla present refers to the europa league as being European champions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

That was an actual European cup to become European champions. The Sevilla present refers to the europa league as being European champions. 

Are you certain he isn't being mis-translated?

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Christ imagine going on Twitter and trying to pass up Villa as ‘European champions’ if we won the ECL 😂

It's as bad as the Americans claiming to be World Champions when they win a Superbowl 

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Dont know about the financials....but from a profile perspective Sosa himself would look a good option. 

We were looking at him a few years back IIRC..

Â