Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Interestingly I didn't see any photos of him at the end of the season awards so wonder if he's already left to find out the extent of the injury and get treatment? I'm a bit gutted how it's all ended for him tbh, he's been nothing if not committed to the cause and the goals against Sheff Utd and West Ham have been far more important than I think most could have imagined. 

I'd love to bring the lad back and see him get another crack next season but I'm not sure that will happen tbh. He played a huge part in our early season form covering for Ramsey, hit a bit of a brick wall but never stopped trying and came back to produce much better performances as time wore on, unfortunately then picking up injuries that may have derailed his opportunity to represent Italy this summer. Whatever happens I have nothing but respect for him and will wish him all the best wherever he ends up. 

He looked absolutely.devastated about being injured again.

Really feel.for.him

• Like 1

Gutted for him to miss the European Championships with Italy due to injury. Credit to him wanting to get out there and play for us when he clearly wasn't fully fit and now he's lost out big time. Really appreciate players with that attitude who want to play and give their all

• Like 3

We'll just have to rely on Emery's opinion here. I'm sure we'll sign him is that's what Emery wants. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We'll just have to rely on Emery's opinion here. I'm sure we'll sign him is that's what Emery wants. 

If he's played through a pain barrier he's shown the level of commitment Emery expects. 

As he's been picked to start over other forwards in certain weeks I'd assume Emery does rate him and what he brings to the team. 

We know it takes most people a while to get up to speed with Emery's system but it did look like he'd done that. 

So I guess the only question mark is whether they think the injuries are a sign of things to come or if he's just got a bit unlucky. With the way our season went, I'd prefer it if we didn't sign people with a known history of regular injuries.

For me, if we've not triggered the compulsory purchase I would selfishly be looking elsewhere first.

Sorry for him that he'll miss the euros though, that's really sad for him.

• Like 1

He thanked us for the support following his injury and confirmed he’s missing the Euros. Digne replied with a bunch of hearts in the comments. Clearly someone well liked in the dressing room. 

If lets say he's £17m to make permanent but JPB is £15m to bring back, I'd be keen to keep Zaniolo for the fact he's liked, has European experience and may be better after 1 season settling in

48 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Out of interest, how much would it be to make him perm?  seen mixed numbers banded about

I think i saw 27 million euros being said when we first signed him on loan. So that's around £22m.

• Like 1

Bit of a funny one. There’s a player in there for sure but with his injuries and the price tag I think it’s just too many ifs buts and maybes around him. I’d look elsewhere I think. 

• Like 3

If we want to sign him it'll be below what the compulsory buy price was. We could loan him again if Gala are interested in that. 

I think he'll not be signed though. I think we can get a better player in than Zaniolo 

• Like 2

He was outstanding at The Emirates and has been using the ball a lot more wisely generally. I think he'd be very useful going forward with a lot more to give. If the price was right, I'd sign him.

34 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He was outstanding at The Emirates and has been using the ball a lot more wisely generally. I think he'd be very useful going forward with a lot more to give. If the price was right, I'd sign him.

£15m would be reasonable price espe given he's still young. 

A broken metatarsal along with his other injuries just indicates to me a body that can't cope with the PL. Defintely a player in there, but not one I think we should sign if we don't have to. Shame we didn't get to see more of what he's capable of. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â