Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

I definitely would like him to stay - there is a baller in there, I am confident in this.

He should be given the opportunity of a pre season imo and then judged.

I have faith - this is a test, he passes with flying colours.

• Like 4

He's a character, he's popped up with a couple of important goals, and his all round play with the ball was very good today, but he'll always be too much of a discplinary liability to be a regular starter

I can't imagine Emery hasn't been repeatedly telling him to sort that out as well

8 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I definitely would like him to stay - there is a baller in there, I am confident in this.

We will already had a whole season to judge him, he's not going to turn into a different player in pre-season.

Just now, Villa87 said:

Wonder how he and Diaby felt seeing Rogers and Duran start. He was good today and a crucial goal. 

If he was anything like me, baffled. It made no sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

We will already had a whole season to judge him, he's not going to turn into a different player in pre-season.

I would suggest otherwise - It’s only time that will tell.

9 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Me too. We are definitely in the minority atm but I think he could become the player we need off Ollie at times. Needs to be calmer at times but I think he could settle given time and become a valuable asset to the squad. I really like him tbh. He's definitely a handful when he's on it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I disagree.... He was playing in an unfamiliar position at the start of the season and since then has had nothing but scraps. He's not been great but how any players take time to settle anyway coming from abroad. 

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm a bit puzzled why Emery choses Rogers over Zaniolo, imo Zaniolo is much better and complete player. Emery sees them in training so he should know, but I think Zaniolo contributes more.

Rogers' decision making is better, he releases players into space. There's one reason.

13 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm a bit puzzled why Emery choses Rogers over Zaniolo, imo Zaniolo is much better and complete player. Emery sees them in training so he should know, but I think Zaniolo contributes more.

Makes sense to prioritise Rogers if we aren't going to sign Zaniolo permanently. The only way Rogers will get up to speed is with game time.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Zaniolo was very good today, but mostly he just hasn't been, he hasn't even been as good as the likes of Trezeguet and El Ghazi, don't want to be anymore critical than that, as he seems a good character, and no matter what works hard

Rogers in his brief time has looked the better player, he does more in games, and looks more likely to make something happen, if we could only keep one beyond this season, there's no way I would choose Zaniolo based on what we've seen so far

It reminds me of when people used to claim Ings was better than Watkins but basically it was because people were over reacting to the few mistakes Watkins would make in a game whilst  ignoring the good stuff he was doing, Ings wasn't making mistakes, because he wasn't getting into games

But as above he was very good today, and based on that wouldn't begrudge him starting the next game, glad he got his goal, hopefully can a few more moments like that, so if he does leave, we can still look back on his loan with some fondess, if we get Champions League by one or two points, then equalizers against Sheff United and West Ham United will have played a big role in that

• Like 3

I disagree on making the move permanent (it wouldn’t be wise based on how the loan has gone and the asking price, we should only be paying significant fees for starters and players that can elevate/upgrade our first 11. We don’t have free rein to spend so need to be extra savvy in the market. He’s not a favoured player of Unai’s so what would be the point? Save the funds for a more effective option, esp if we get CL) but I want to see him be given more game time and opportunities in a favoured position… especially with the squad depleted as it is. 

He just wouldn’t get into our strongest 11 if everyone were available. The evidence so far supports that… if Unai liked him, he’d have been playing much more…

But, he should be in the team now and is more effective than a player like Rogers or even Duran for the moment. 

They are young and will develop and improve… time and patience is required there. Right now, we need players that can have an impact with the season running down and the objectives we have…

He can help us and scores goals… brings height and strength besides skill too…

When players are contributing, they deserve more time in the team - the lad has saved us from losing twice now and clinched top spot in ECL group with his goal vs Mostar.

Zaniolo & Diaby > Rogers & Duran

Digne and Cash deserve their places too… plus, a Konsa and Pau CB partnership is the best we have so let’s use it…

Edited by Jas10

37 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Because he's been really bad?

I don't want to pile on the guy but I am really perplexed at what people see in him. It's like Gil.

Maybe at a push go for another loan deal and see if he can acclimatise but he's going to cost 25/30m and he has not shown anywhere near that level of player...and FFP is going to be to the wire and tight as anything.

It's a non starter.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I’ve not seen today so can’t comment on how either played, but from previous views they have different skill sets. Rogers is a bit like Ramey in that he’ll get the ball from deeper and carry it forward. Zaniolo has been higher up the pitch and looking for the final ball.

Next season we will have Ramsey and Buendia back . That gives us multiple options everywhere.  JJ Rogers Diaby Bailey McGinn Buendia and Kellyman will be competing for the second striker and number 10 positions..

Zaniolo is definately a player but i think he will only be happy back in Italy. We are never going to get the best out of him with our system . 

Â