Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

57 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He had a load of bad press for something he didn't get charged for. So how was that self inflicted?

Fair point, I thought he'd still done something just not the full list of things he'd been linked to. Like he'd bet using an illegal platform, just not on football.

Had a check and the chargers were fully dropped so not clear if they cared about that or he hadn't done it and his involvement was therefore completely not his fault.

Either way, I'm beyond that being an excuse for him. He needed to turn the corner after the recent break, and if anything his football IQ seems to be even worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Love him, he will come good and loads on here will be munching humble pie. 

I do hope so. I was sitting on the "think he'll come good" side of the fence until yesterday's cameo. I know it was a rubbish environmentfor him to be thrown in to, but there were some basic flaws in his game that aren't excusable due to that.

Will happily eat humble pie if he does come good. Genuinely not a lot would make me happier than him scoring a worldie to help us beat Sheffield Utd.

He looked awful when he came on. But does he look any different to when Ramsay came on or when Tielemans comes on at times? 

I really think we need to give him a run of games to truly see. If not we might as well terminate the loan now. 

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

And that Countinho was excellent 😅😂

Coutinho was excellent for a short while, Buendia isn’t good enough, Bailey was crap for 2 years and Zaniolo is garbage. I never miss, mate. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

he needs a run in the side, all he does from most cameos is give the ball away and foul people

He absolutely does not need a run in the side. When he’s had that he’s been god awful for the most part. 

This isn’t working out 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He looked awful when he came on. But does he look any different to when Ramsay came on or when Tielemans comes on at times? 

Yes he does, imo. He has no touch, the ball bounces off him. He doesn’t look like a good footballer having a bad game. He barely looks like a footballer

Unless he’s an outlier , but no Italian striker from Serie A has succeed in the premier league in recent times , maybe  Balotelli, but jury’s still out.

Their current top strikers like  Sacamacca / Moise Kean all didnt do well here .

Maybe it’s the  Serie A pace , or their academy training that’s doesn’t suit our league.. 

Hope he can prove us wrong , but feel it’s unlikely 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes he does, imo. He has no touch, the ball bounces off him. He doesn’t look like a good footballer having a bad game. He barely looks like a footballer

I'd agree in recent games but early on I thought he looked good and had good moments. 

I'm not saying he's going to guarantee to come good but if he's not getting a run of games it seems pointless keeping him. He isn't capable of coming off the bench and making an impact. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

Unless he’s an outlier , but no Italian striker from Serie A has succeed in the premier league in recent times , maybe  Balotelli, but jury’s still out.

Their current top strikers like  Sacamacca / Moise Kean all didnt do well here .

Maybe it’s the  Serie A pace , or their academy training that’s doesn’t suit our league.. 

Hope he can prove us wrong , but feel it’s unlikely 

He isnt a striker

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

he needs a run in the side, all he does from most cameos is give the ball away and foul people

He had a run in the team from September-November, started plenty of away matches and europa in that period.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He has no touch, the ball bounces off him. He doesn’t look like a good footballer having a bad game. He barely looks like a footballer

Thats sorta where it’s at. He has no flow, no movement, just sorta like uncomfortable. Don’t get me wrong there has been a couple of bright periods but I kinda think we, as a club, need more guaranteed contributions when called upon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He had a run in the team from September-November, started plenty of away matches and europa in that period.

Don’t shoot the messenger but we had 6W 3D 2L when he starts…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Withnail said:

Thats sorta where it’s at. He has no flow, no movement, just sorta like uncomfortable. Don’t get me wrong there has been a couple of bright periods but I kinda think we, as a club, need more guaranteed contributions when called upon

Yeah, you cannot have a player like that coming on and playing as a 10 when we need a goal. Kills the attacks

Â