Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Yes it’s illegal betting is a seriously problem world wide and have far reaching influence on games fixing/ money laundering/Tax evasion etc .  Last month , authority in Singapore just seized USD 2 Billion worth of assets from a syndicate that operates illegal gambling /off-shore betting website  and they are just only side kicks, not even the main guy yet.

Illegal betting/ off shore gambling sites is a plague that always leads to match fixing /extortion of players etc as they and will eventually kill the game. 

And yet here we are! ...sponsored by a ******* gambling company!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not looking good at all. 

https://www.fanpage.it/sport/calcio/sul-telefono-di-fagioli-le-chat-di-scommesse-che-incastrano-zaniolo-tonali-e-altri-10-calciatori/

This article says Zaniolo and Tonali and ten other players are implicated by chat messages on Fagioli's phone. The immense dickhead Fabrizio Corona is very well informed somehow and has been involved by the police which led to Fagioli's arrest. So he's more than likely trying to get some time off from his previous misdemeanors by trading what he knows about the betting sites and players involved. 

Looks like Zaniolo is being charged with article 4 of law 13, December 1989, n. 401. Which is to do with unlicensed betting, nothing yet about betting on games he's involved in as that isn't covered. He's involved in something that will pan out to be huge if the authorities go all the way with it. Remains to be seen if they can and will though. For Zaniolo being charged with that article could mean 6 months to 3 years prison. 

Then there's what the Italian FA do on top.

Isnt Corona under house arrest so obvious he has struck a deal

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Isnt Corona under house arrest so obvious he has struck a deal

Yeah, he got 13 years for a few counts of extortion. That article said the police called him in as he knew about the case, he'd published something on social media with the voice changed that got them interested. So he's deffo trying to get a discount.

Going to reserve judgment until he’s actually convicted of something.

Certainly doesn’t look great so far but the good thing is he’s only on loan, and we are run extremely professionally.

Realistically this is Galatasaray’s problem, and we are just in the middle of it all.

If he is banned it will have minimal impact on the club. We’ve had a great season so far and he has had a very small part to play in that.

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Going to reserve judgment until he’s actually convicted of something.

Certainly doesn’t look great so far but the good thing is he’s only on loan, and we are run extremely professionally.

Realistically this is Galatasaray’s problem, and we are just in the middle of it all.

If he is banned it will have minimal impact on the club. We’ve had a great season so far and he has had a very small part to play in that.

In terms of us as a club we're really not risking anything seeing as he's on loan. It's just incredibly sad that if it pans out like it looks like it might we will lose out on a great player and Zaniolo himself will be royally ****.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 13/10/2023 at 11:06, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where’s this come from?

“An agreement has been reached with Aston Villa FC Limited regarding the temporary transfer of our professional football player Nicolò Zaniolo for the 2023-2024 season with a conditional compulsory purchase option”

Only speculation what the conditions for the compulsory option are but presumably it’s going to be something along the lines of games played

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yes, but the swift certainty that the Italian federation has moved with suggests that it's probably an open and shut case. I'd have liked to have seen him play against England. But more than anything, I was hoping he'd come good for us and be a big success. It's all looking a bit gloomy now though.

I doubt anything is "an open and shut case", I'm sure the lawyers on both sides will be kept busy. Our player is reported as having said that he has never bet on football matches and he is one of twelve players that could be involved in the investigation, I doubt everyone will be found guilty, if charged. I still cling to the hope that he has done no more than he has said. That he will be able to put this behind him and to continue with us, in both the short and the long term. He doesn't have a guilty face to me, not so sure about his mother though. ;)

image.jpeg.dd9574cb83d8ef2ba2e5544dc9f6cd18.jpeg Serie AWantaway Roma star Zaniolo's mother condemns the insults against her  and her son: This hatred is excessive - Francesca Costa (44), the mother of  footballer... | MARCA English 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, John said:

I doubt anything is "an open and shut case", I'm sure the lawyers on both sides will be kept busy. Our player is reported as having said that he has never bet on football matches and he is one of twelve players that could be involved in the investigation, I doubt everyone will be found guilty, if charged. I still cling to the hope that he has done no more than he has said. That he will be able to put this behind him and to continue with us, in both the short and the long term. He doesn't have a guilty face to me, not so sure about his mother though. ;)

image.jpeg.dd9574cb83d8ef2ba2e5544dc9f6cd18.jpeg Serie AWantaway Roma star Zaniolo's mother condemns the insults against her  and her son: This hatred is excessive - Francesca Costa (44), the mother of  footballer... | MARCA English 

Yes but it seems the allegations have him as the ring leader

• Shocked 1

34 minutes ago, John said:

His mom could have easy been blackmailed by Corona or similar... She's very attention hungry...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but it seems the allegations have him as the ring leader

I've only seen that in one article, and if he's only been charged with that article 4 business then that doesn't suggest he's organised anything. See what comes out of the phones and tablets now though I spose. It was Fagioli's phone that has led to the next round of arrests which Zaniolo is part of.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Sure about that?

Screenshot_20231014_170328_Gallery.jpg

Quality........did you search long for that?

Looks like Dean Saunders has a pot noodle.😀

Edited by TRO

Â