Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Really? Didn’t realise he had that to his game… could be excellent as cover and competition for Ollie…

Have we addressed our CF “issue”? Even though he’s a versatile attacker…

Highlight clips I have seen its a major strength of his, hold up play. The ball sticks to him, if the defenders get to close he has a number of tricks to get passed him. This guy looks a real game changer, Beundia position is covered that's for sure .

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would he now be the SS up with Ollie where Diaby now plays, pushing Diaby onto the wing, or vice versa?

Yeah, I would assume so (SS) but after reading a few comments from those that have watched/followed him closely, he seems to be able to play in a variety of positions. Left footed attacking player but can also play in midfield and as a 10. His dribbling ability is gonna be a real asset and he’s a genuine goal threat, some exquisite finishes in his repertoire too (moreso than Ollie)…

I think Diaby would be suited to the wing, then we can probably play the usual 3 in midfield.

But who knows what Unai’s plan is…

Got to admit, now that this has been done I’m feeling a bit of an uplift and bit of positivity restored after the sickening injuries…

Wonder what else we have in store before the window closes too…

Unai is going to make us more of a force than we were last season… forget the first game…

• Thanks 1

I read a lot of comments this week from Italian footy fans and Gala supporters.  Sounds like he's best when given space on the counter attack but struggles against teams who sit back in a low block.  Fits right in with our squad lol. 

Anyway, excited about this one.  Sounds like most Gala supporters really rate him for his off the field humanitarian support in the earthquake clean up efforts as well as scoring some key goals for them in the run in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is the one that shows him at his best  dare i say it he has the phyaicality to thrive in the Bailey role   . The bloke is seriously talented. I have to ask why it is only us in for him though. 

Was only us in for Emi Martinez, Mings, Watkins, Konsa, Douglas Luiz, Cash, Moreno as far as I can remember?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I read a lot of comments this week from Italian footy fans and Gala supporters.  Sounds like he's best when given space on the counter attack but struggles against teams who sit back in a low block.  Fits right in with our squad lol. 

Anyway, excited about this one.  Sounds like most Gala supporters really rate him for his off the field humanitarian support in the earthquake clean up efforts as well as scoring some key goals for them in the run in. 

Feels like this is a problem most teams have though bar a few

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Was only us in for Emi Martinez, Mings, Watkins, Konsa, Douglas Luiz, Cash, Moreno as far as I can remember?

While I agree, none of them had the rep that Zaniolo did a few years back.

Irrelevant anyway, I think he's going to be quality!

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Oh really. That really does sound like Bale.

Sounds like we still need a 'playmaker forward/winger' ideally then. Buendia is going to be a huge miss as he was superb at linking with Moreno bombing up the left.

Up there with the best signings for the club in my lifetime. Cannot wait to get him on that pitch with this squad. Got a feeling he'll make his debut Vs Hibs and you have to really feel for their poor old defence. 

• Like 1

Â