Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I love a spot of X (the tool formerly known as twitter) mayhem building up to the confirmation of a signing. The worst things that's happened is people seeing when a new signing actually lands for his medical, everyone wets themselves if it isn't announced by the end of that day, the lack of news creates a void then people fill that void with guff (normally engineered by children or attention seekers) - it's hilarious. 

Pass the popcorn....

So are posts on X still called tweets?

TWO BADGES!!!!!

• Haha 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club is trying to use the medical for leverage to negotiate better terms particularly around the option. I assume this is how Monchi operates, probably more comfortable playing these types of games than Purslow ever was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I'm a little bit worried about his terrible injury record. He looks a talented player but he hasn't half missed a whole load of football. Are we limited to transfers where Monchi has worked with the incoming player? This seems a huge risk to me. Maybe not financially, just in terms of wasting a signing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club is trying to use the medical for leverage to negotiate better terms particularly around the option. I assume this is how Monchi operates, probably more comfortable playing these types of games than Purslow ever was.

Didn't that Gala fan say their club already hates Monchi? 🤣

Unless it is a medical issue, seems a bit low going back in to change details on the deal that have already been agreed.

No idea what is going on but I sure hope we haven't wasted our time here. Surely all the negotiations over his transfer and contract were agreed before his medical, seems pretty unprofessional to try to leverage new terms now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

Personally I'm a little bit worried about his terrible injury record. He looks a talented player but he hasn't half missed a whole load of football. Are we limited to transfers where Monchi has worked with the incoming player? This seems a huge risk to me. Maybe not financially, just in terms of wasting a signing.

To be honest I'm more worried about Acuna. He seems to have a repeat of hamstring injuries from 2020 which isn't good. I know Zaniolo has had a more serious injury (ACL) but serious injuries rarely repeat themselves and a player can build up again from that. Niggly things like hamstrings that keep repeating very rarely go away. Its him I'd move on from whilst being tentative with Zaniolo (which I think explains the delay in signing - maybe going over terms of the loan agreement).

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

its a sad time when you realise you'll never be cool enough to wear white trousers. i'd end up looking like a butcher

me too, a crafty butcher!!

sorry 😔😔

Edited by markc

13 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Purslow wouldn't even know where to start with the arts of negotiation shithousery.

• Like 1

By the way for anyone worrying about the use of "doubts" in the original post from Di Marzio - I have found out (after a few sleepless nights of worrying about stuff) that a lot of Italians I know use "dubbi" a lot more freely than we would use the word "doubts".  For example, when due to have a key piece of paperwork signed off around our residency status (post Brexit) we were told we had to go to the comune the following day to resolve some "dubbi" which really put the **** up us.  Turns out they just wanted to check how my wife had the same surname as me (in Italy most women keep their maiden name) and they wanted to check whether my middle name was Stewart or Stevvart.  Similarly when being told one Friday evening to go back to the doctor on Monday because he had "dubbi" after a scan I had done - that turned out he just wanted to know whether I wanted to pay in cash for the treatment or put it through on insurance (even though I knew that the scan wasn't for anything serious it still put the wind up me thinking that maybe he'd seen something else!).

So having doubts on anything to do with the medical / signing ties in pretty closely with the second article which suggests that maybe we're just trying to swing a small change to the terms of the contract.

So don't panic too much on the wording!!

Edited by allani
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Risso said:

Personally I'm a little bit worried about his terrible injury record. He looks a talented player but he hasn't half missed a whole load of football.

I seem to recall Tyrone Mings having a similar looking injury history at Bournmouth..

You wouldn't think it was the same player we signed. 

I think Zaniolo will be just fine and some injury history to some players need to be taken with a pinch of salt imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, allani said:

By the way for anyone worrying about the use of "doubts" in the original post from Di Marzio - I have found out (after a few sleepless nights of worrying about stuff) that a lot of Italians I know use "dubbi" a lot more freely than we would use the word "doubts".  For example, when due to have a key piece of paperwork signed off around our residency status (post Brexit) we were told we had to go to the comune the following day to resolve some "dubbi" which really put the **** up us.  Turns out they just wanted to check how my wife had the same surname as me (in Italy most women keep their maiden name) and they wanted to check whether my middle name was Stewart or Stevvart.  So having doubts on anything to do with the medical / signing ties in pretty closely with the second article which suggests that maybe we're just trying to swing a small change to the terms of the contract.  Similarly when being told on Friday evening to go back to the doctor on Monday because he had "dubbi" after a scan I had done - that turned out he just wanted to know whether I wanted to pay in cash for the treatment or put it through on insurance (even though I knew that the scan wasn't for anything serious it still put the wind up me thinking that maybe he'd seen something else!).

Much appreciate the insights 

6 minutes ago, allani said:

By the way for anyone worrying about the use of "doubts" in the original post from Di Marzio - I have found out (after a few sleepless nights of worrying about stuff) that a lot of Italians I know use "dubbi" a lot more freely than we would use the word "doubts".  For example, when due to have a key piece of paperwork signed off around our residency status (post Brexit) we were told we had to go to the comune the following day to resolve some "dubbi" which really put the **** up us.  Turns out they just wanted to check how my wife had the same surname as me (in Italy most women keep their maiden name) and they wanted to check whether my middle name was Stewart or Stevvart.  Similarly when being told one Friday evening to go back to the doctor on Monday because he had "dubbi" after a scan I had done - that turned out he just wanted to know whether I wanted to pay in cash for the treatment or put it through on insurance (even though I knew that the scan wasn't for anything serious it still put the wind up me thinking that maybe he'd seen something else!).

So having doubts on anything to do with the medical / signing ties in pretty closely with the second article which suggests that maybe we're just trying to swing a small change to the terms of the contract.

Yes agree, from my work with the Spanish, I often find they would use the phrase doubts to mean questions. Tell is your doubts often meant ask us questions about the things you don't fully understand yet. Not a negative connotation.

8 minutes ago, allani said:

That makes me a little less dubbious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, allani said:

You can’t leave at it that: is it ‘Stewart’ or ‘Stevvart’?

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Just occurred to me I did actually see Zaniolo play during my Rome hols 4 years ago.

Here's my scouting report from the 18 minutes he was on the pitch:

• He came on for Justin Kluivert.
  • Sassuolo immediately scored.
  • He won a corner.  Nothing came of it.
  • The game ended.

Strengths:

+Entering the pitch in a timely manner.

+Didn't have that dodgy facial hair yet.

Weaknesses:

May have used his time on the bench to ponder grow dodgy facial hair.

Conclusion:

LeonardBuy.gif.f2cb3765e961e833fbd86c4c2554478a.gif

You're welcome, VT. 👍

Exactly the sort of player we're looking for! 

Reel him in! 

17 minutes ago, peterw said:

To be honest I'm more worried about Acuna. He seems to have a repeat of hamstring injuries from 2020 which isn't good. I know Zaniolo has had a more serious injury (ACL) but serious injuries rarely repeat themselves and a player can build up again from that. Niggly things like hamstrings that keep repeating very rarely go away. Its him I'd move on from whilst being tentative with Zaniolo (which I think explains the delay in signing - maybe going over terms of the loan agreement).

He's missed a whole season's worth of games SINCE his ACL injuries though.

10 minutes ago, allani said:

PS - pretty much the same thing applies to "problemi" / problems (which are minor things that we can easily fix in 10 minutes rather than there being a fundamental issue with a building contract that will potentially invalidate it).

Â