Pre Match Thread: Lions Will Roar

ejs1111

3 hours ago, villan95 said:

Yep that's the one. Steven Taylor was sent off for handball too, so they actually finished with 8 players the last time we beat them there 😅

BP2078229.jpg

023.gif

To be fair people forget that we were already winning before the sendings off

• Like 1

Just now, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

To be fair people forget that we were already winning before the sendings off

Yeah 1-0 from an Angel goal, then I think it was a red card followed by 2 Barry penalties and then the Bowyer, Dyer reds.

A win would be absolutely huge today, but I’m not expecting it, it’s going to be hard (kw) going. In isolation it’s only one game, so it won’t define the season whatever happens but as we all know momentum is massive and what a statement it would be to get all three points at St James’. 

A fairer estimate would be a draw, a good result for sure. But we could as easily lose as we get used to new players, a new system and with Ramsey, Buendia and Moreno missing with injury. 

Whatever happens I’m really looking forward to seeing Emery’s Villa in action again, bring on 5.30pm!

• Like 1

Injury list not looking great currently, we can ill afford any more so let's hope Newcastle aren't thugs tonight. Moreno, Ramsey and Buendia all possible starters out, Donk, Duran and Traore all out who could be options off the bench (although shame we can't just sell Traore, always injured even when he's just a backup to the first team). 

Not sure on defence, I suspect Mings and Konsa will play then two from Cash, Digne and Torres but if Torres plays hopefully it's at centre back rather than left back. Then it's whether he plays Bailey or JPB instead of Tielemans, or reshapes the team to play Tielemans following Buendia's injury. I'd like Tielemans to start.

My guess on team would probably be:

Martinez

Konsa

Mings 

Torres 

Digne

Kamara

Luiz

Tielemans

McGinn

Diaby

Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Chambers, Carlos, Cash, Coutinho, Bailey, JPB, Kellyman/Young, Archer

That bench is looking a bit weak with so many injuries so hopefully we can get a couple more signings in and get our injured players back ASAP.. Still think that team can get at least a point tonight.

• Like 1

They are going to start like a team possessed I reckon due to their crowd, excitement of the new season, inflated expectations. Need to keep it tight early doors as a quick goal from them would be annoying

Also, I got a free £2 bet and used it for 0-2 villa so that would be nice 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Injury list not looking great currently, we can ill afford any more so let's hope Newcastle aren't thugs tonight. Moreno, Ramsey and Buendia all possible starters out, Donk, Duran and Traore all out who could be options off the bench (although shame we can't just sell Traore, always injured even when he's just a backup to the first team). 

Not sure on defence, I suspect Mings and Konsa will play then two from Cash, Digne and Torres but if Torres plays hopefully it's at centre back rather than left back. Then it's whether he plays Bailey or JPB instead of Tielemans, or reshapes the team to play Tielemans following Buendia's injury. I'd like Tielemans to start.

My guess on team would probably be:

Martinez

Konsa

Mings 

Torres 

Digne

Kamara

Luiz

Tielemans

McGinn

Diaby

Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Chambers, Carlos, Cash, Coutinho, Bailey, JPB, Kellyman/Young, Archer

That bench is looking a bit weak with so many injuries so hopefully we can get a couple more signings in and get our injured players back ASAP.. Still think that team can get at least a point tonight.

Looks about  right,  but maybe Cash in for Digne

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chappy said:

No Mings if this is a hint at the team

That was my thoughts too. I count 10 outfield players in there so Mings not there could be a sign.

Very harsh on Mings if true but we have to trust Emery I guess.