The 2023-24 (Finn Azaz) Loan Thread

Hornso

7 hours ago, villan95 said:

Did Azaz get a new contract here? 

I believe at the start of last season he signed a 2 year deal so he's got another 12 months.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Tim Iroegbunam didn't go to the states and didn't play last night - he could be next?

Be interesting to see where he ends up. I'm not sure I can think of a team in the championship that is desperate for that kind of midfielder. 

Full disclosure, I do have PNE links and there has been a former Villa academy graduate at the club for the last 10 or so seasons, with the likes of Daniel Johnson, Callum Robinson and of course Cameron Archer on loan with them recently.

With Johnson leaving this summer I really hope we send someone out to Preston for the season. I think Tim or someone like Duran would be brilliant for them. Maybe Chrisene in a left wingback role too would get plenty of minutes. 

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

I believe at the start of last season he signed a 2 year deal so he's got another 12 months.

Ahh okay. I'd seen reports he was out of contract this summer but just checked and he was on the retained list. Then there's the rumours today of a transfer so he must have another year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Any news on Tim?

Recovering from groin surgery according to a Twitter random so don’t take it as gospel but sounds plausible.

1 minute ago, Hornso said:

Recovering from groin surgery according to a Twitter random so don’t take it as gospel but sounds plausible.

He did have surgery at the end of last season but was back and played 45 mins in the Walsall friendly.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, useless said:

Barry, Sinisalo, and Kesler all starting final pre-season games before season starts next weekend, Exeter game against Coventry is live on youtube

Posted in the Barry thread but he was one of a few to get a full 90, I was thoroughly whelmed by him. Slight flashes, nothing great. Nothing that made you think "this guy is too good for league 2" 

It's only one game though and a friendly at that though 

• Thanks 1

Â