The 2023-24 (Finn Azaz) Loan Thread

Hornso

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Finding his level I feel.

If by that you mean his level right now as a 20 year old still developing I agree...

If you mean he'll stay there for the rest of his career I disagree, I'm not convinced he'll make it with us as I think we're moving forward at a pace that pushes past him but he'll end up similar to ohare I think

Its just a shame we didn't have all of this going on when we were relegated, feels like we would have done things completely differently

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If by that you mean his level right now as a 20 year old still developing I agree...

If you mean he'll stay there for the rest of his career I disagree, I'm not convinced he'll make it with us as I think we're moving forward at a pace that pushes past him but he'll end up similar to ohare I think

Its just a shame we didn't have all of this going on when we were relegated, feels like we would have done things completely differently

I think he has potential at championship level if he continues to develop.

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d say they may deserve their own thread on other football. 

It feels more loany though with a buy back, I mean we all hope they turn into world beaters and come back right?

12 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It feels more loany though with a buy back, I mean we all hope they turn into world beaters and come back right?

Can you imagine how pissed off we’d have been if city fans were talking about Dougie as their player. Yes we want the players to do well and come back, but for now they aren’t ours

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can you imagine how pissed off we’d have been if city fans were talking about Dougie as their player. Yes we want the players to do well and come back, but for now they aren’t ours

I guess the difference would be City have buy backs on tens of players.  We have it on 2.

But I think the fact they aren't our players is the right conclusion, and so they should get a thread in other football (if anyone is willing to Collate the info...)

53 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Ha true, I still think of it more like a loan though :P

Will be interesting to see if anything happens today, we've probably got a few that could either do with loans or are good enough, but some might find it difficult to find teams for various reasons.

Marschall, Zych, Chrisene, Revan, Rico Richards, and Tommi O'Reilly, are probably the obvious examples, there are a few others but maybe haven't done enough at U21 level to be considered, Swinkels would probably be ready for a loan by now if it wasn't for injuries, similar for Aaron O'Reilly.

Chrisene was playing in pre-season but hasn't been involved in any of the games since the season started, so maybe injured.

There's also Iroegbunam of course, if he doesn't end up going anywhere today hopefully it's not because he has a long-term injury.

• Like 2

Woaah, I wasn't expecting that, good player, always battles extra hard, and capable of going past players, maybe better than he realizes, I think main thing with him is to improve his final ball, great and exciting chance for him.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2023 at 16:56, useless said:

Emery said at his press conference that lots of Championship clubs are asking for our players and we're going to decide this afternoon whether to let them go or use them as part of our squad.

Am I right in saying it's just Afoka to Bradford, Bogarde back to Bristol Rovers and Revan to Rotherham that went through? 

If so, I'm thinking whether Hause and Davis are included in the list of players who we had loan offers in the championship for. Davis we managed to sell instead, Hause didn't happen and Revan we let go. Not sure if there's anyone else who looked destined to leave on loan. 

Disappointed we didn't get a loan for Marschall in the lower leagues, also Chrisene I thought was heading back to Exeter but I might have dreamed that (?!). Caleb Chukwuemeka we need to get off our books now surely? 

Side note, might have to get a Plymouth shirt with KKH or Azaz on the back because they are stunning kits. 

I can't remember precisely now but when Emery was talking about loan offers from Championship clubs I think it was in the context of talking about the youngsters, we now know that Revan was one of them.

It's possible we might have had an offer for Iroegbunam but decided to turn it down and use him as part of our squad until January at least, his ability to play wide midfield or central midfield could come in handy and allow us to give senior players more rest than they otherwise would have got, he's one that could benefit from Philogene and Aaron Ramsey leaving.

Beyond those I can't think of who else would have Championship interest that hadn't aleady been loaned out or sold with buy-backs, unless some of the younger ones like Kellyman, Feeney, Young, or whoever were getting interest.

Chrisene I think must be injured as he hasn't been involved in any of the games this season

I thought we would have loaned out at least one of Marschall and Zych if not both, and just kept James Wright as U21 keeper with Sam Proctor as capable back-up, there were reports of Zych going to Poland on loan but nothing has been announced

Â