Women’s World Cup 2023

Giro

Whenever I watch Daly for England the service to her is nowhere near as good as it is when she's playing for us, for us there's lots of passing and movement in and around the box and well worked team goals, whereas when she plays for England all they seem to do is hit long crosses hoping she get an headed shot towards goal.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Whenever I watch Daly for England the service to her is nowhere near as good as it is when she's playing for us, for us there's lots of passing and movement in and around the box and well worked team goals, whereas when she plays for England all they seem to do is hit long crosses hoping she get an headed shot towards goal.

Definitely. One of the reasons Daly has been so good for us is her link up with Kenza Dali.  She doesn't have that understanding with any of the England players.

Looking forward to watching Dali play tomorrow, hopefully she gets a start, so far Leat, Lehmann, Nobbs, and Daly, have all been on the bench. Not sure how good Jamaica are but they did beat Haiti 4-0 last year

34 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Not a great performance but Haiti were actually very impressive. 

Feel like our defence could be exploited later in the tournament. 

Millie Bright did a very good impression of Maguire during that match, was way off the pace after being out injured.

That will be exposed in the knock outs.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Millie Bright did a very good impression of Maguire during that match, was way off the pace after being out injured.

That will be exposed in the knock outs.

Feels like a lot to expect her to just be up to speed straight away, probably shouldn't have even been in the squad really but I suppose we needed the experience with Williamson out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Our new goalkeeper Daphne van Domselaar starting for Netherlands against Portugal in game about kick-off.

Fantastic name, sounds like a Stan Lee character.

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The way VAR is used is good, micing up the ref works 

Didn't watch it but the way fifa used VAR at the men's WC is night and day compared to how PGMOL use it in the PL

I'm guessing they've got the 7 person VAR team doing it all? Proper set up rather than just an egotostical ref like we have

Only just realized Diana Silva playing for Portugal is the same Diana Silva that played for us, always thought it was strange she didn't play more as when she did play she looked quite good at a time when our attacking options weren't great at all, not sure how good Portugal league is but apparenlty has scored 26 in 30 for Sporting Lisbon since leaving us.

Netherlands player not offside, despite standing virtually on the goal line and the ball crossing in front of her.

Now, I'm not arguing that it should be offside here, but I am arguing that this is probably the second goal I've seen so far that has been allowed when Villa have had multiple goals ruled out for far less.

I wish I understood the offside rule... It makes me always feel really stupid when I have no idea what call is going to be made by the officials.

Â