Women’s World Cup 2023

Giro

Spain with 22 corners and 44 shots.12 on target. They rested Putellas for most of the game. Costa Rica GK got cramps twice in the second half...

Only 3-0 thou.

Zambia are rather horrible at defending. They look like us under Gerrard. 1 long pass and it's at least 1 player through on goal for Japan. Could/should have been 3-4 goals more, and that's only during the 15 mins I've watched of the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Zambia keeper saves the pen but comes off the line.

Retaken the Zambia keeper comes even further off the line but it goes in so doesn’t matter.

Was a great save as well, shame it got retaken really.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ridiculous penalty saga at the end of this Japan Zambia game. 

It would have been even crazier had she saved it again as it would have needed retaken again.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Daly on the bench, surprised by that. 

I'm not. There is a 'big club' bias in the women's team as well. If Daly had scored 30 goals in all comps last year for any of the top 4, she'd be a nailed on starter. 

Edited by Xela

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm not. There is a 'big club' bias in the women's team as well. If Daly had scored 30 goals in all comps last year for any of the top 4, she'd be a nailed on starter. 

So right.

But this year, Villa are going to change that.

Daly puts away that Russo chance on 5 minutes.

Scuffed shot straight at keeper.

Top scorer in womens league. On bench. Guess the team you play for also matters in women's football too

Let's ignore the fact that team didn't exist 15 years ago....because they thought it was a waste of money.

Â