Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

44 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's clearly an excellent player and he's shown that. He's just a bit out of form right now. He'll click again soon hopefully, I'm glad Bailey has been on fire this season as shows importance of a squad.

I think if Luiz hadn't touched the ball was going in anyway and would've been deflected shot and would've been different narrative about Diaby. I'm glad he took that shot on

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think if Luiz hadn't touched the ball was going in anyway and would've been deflected shot and would've been different narrative about Diaby. I'm glad he took that shot on

It was going well wide if it didn't hit Luz. 

He was better last not at his best by a longshot looks like he’s lacking confidence at times. The talk about playing him in his “natural position” needs to be quashed, Emery knows what he’s doing.

I think teams we play are sitting deeper if they are happy to get a point and other teams know our key is getting direct balls into the feet of the 10s who can turn and attack. So Diaby is the key 10 in that situation and teams are now focussing on blocking the balls into his feet better. Emery needs to work out ways to evolve the attack. 

We can't always blame a player as the PL is full of top coaches and they know allowing balls into his feet in the half space is maximum danger given his pace, footwork and shooting ability. 

• Like 1

watching him play, he works his arse off every single week. doesn't throw his arms around when something doesn't work or whinge at others. he's a player you WANT to do well because i think his attitude is fine. there's definitely a confidence issue at the moment though. at everton and last night he had an opportunity to knock the ball forward and run to goal but he cut back. him playing near 90 mins last night means he's not starting vs newcastle so maybe getting benched might help

call me naive, but i'm honestly not concerned. he'll be just fine.

• Like 1

What does he offer exactly?

Never seen a player so scared to shoot in my life.

It's not a coincidence that we play better when he's not on the pitch.

It's like were playing with 10 men when he's playing.

Edited by AshVilla

Looks completely shot of confidence. Shouldn't have started ahead of bailey today and that's not me being wise after the event. 

Also I don't think the position he's playing in helps him, looks to me like he doesn't know his role. Would be better in a 4-3-3. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's been so poor. It almost beggars belief we blew so much money on him that we now can't manoeuvre much in the window.

It's almost like not every signing works out even big money ones 

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's been so poor. It almost beggars belief we blew so much money on him that we now can't manoeuvre much in the window.

People, .... Me....😬, were saying the same thing about bailey in the past....

Was immense earlier on in the season.

We need to find a way to get him back to that.

Not prepared to give up on him yet.

• Like 1

Â