Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I think we need to not offer the money over 5 years, thats taking the piss and we wouldnt like it if someone did that to one of our most valuable assets. lets pony up the dosh, i think its clear the player wants to join and there has been some contact behind the scenes to ascertain this. Time to stop playing around now, this guy will be in demand and not just from saudi clubs

Correctz that is what I meant earlier. Stop dicking about- we hated when clubs didn't match our valuations of players 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's back up.

Whatsapp that is.

It was gone for a while.

My sources messages never got through and he will only ever send them once. He’s strange like that. 

Sorry lads.

Seriously though I reckon this will be done by the end of the week. 

Panheads on here or facebook haven't got a clue what's going on, these things take time, so just have to be patient, for all we know the fee could be agreed and it's the structure of the deal that's being negotiated. We've only been linked to him for about a week, so it's not even close to being a transfer saga, most big transfers are rumoured about for much longer, see Rice to Arsenal, Barnes to Newcastle, and so on, Caicedo to wherever he's going, normally takes months and months, we did well to keep our interest in Diaby quiet, and if we end up signing him in the coming week it will have happened relatively very quickly from the time his name was leaked in the press.

• Like 3

So to sum up.

We can't pay the fee Leverkusen want in one hit.

The Saudi team can.

We can offer a decent wage rise and Premier league football.

They can offer insane wages and a less exciting league.

Man just needs to decide. Either take the insane money, or take the challenge of playing here.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This sounds positive. Any hopes of representing France surely he’d come to us. 

RMC Sport report this evening that Premier League side Aston Villa have reached an agreement in principle with Bayer Leverkusen to sign French international winger Moussa Diaby for a deal worth €50m including bonuses.

The English side – who are now led in player negotiations by their new Head of Football Operations, Monchi, want to move rapidly to close the deal.

Saudi 1st division side Al-Nassr have other ideas and will, in the coming hours, submit a second formal written offer to the Xabi Alonso-led club in Germany for Diaby, having offered around €33m for Diaby with their opening proposal.

Diaby has not made any final decision between the two options as of Wednesday night but will be urged to by Leverkusen once they have received Al-Nassr’s second bid.

Decisive hours in the future of Diaby. If he wishes to appear for Les Bleus at EURO 2024, then he would be wise to fact that into his decision-making.

GFFN | James Thorpe

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So to sum up.

The Saudi team can.

Man just needs to decide. Either take the insane money, or take the challenge of playing here.

Or we are negotiating with the club to come to a deal. Takes time as a lot of money involved. In the meantime so called ITK journalists have to report something so throw a Saudi club in to the mix.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So to sum up.

The Saudi team can.

He also needs to consider how much he wants to continue playing for France. Money vs credibility and development. I think money will win.

I don't see this Saudi link at all. They certainly haven't paid such high transfer fees at all for a player. E get the Ronaldo and Benzema wages, it's in exchange for a fit of their rights so they can plaster them everywhere. But its a limited market. The prem is global. I mean truly global.

They are not playing high end level fees for prime players in top European leagues and high end wages to such players. I think he is our player. He'll join us in the US. It's why Duran isn't listed as part of the tour methinks. To let him come in. In my opinion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I don't see this Saudi link at all. They certainly haven't paid such high transfer fees at all for a player. E get the Ronaldo and Benzema wages, it's in exchange for a fit of their rights so they can plaster them everywhere. But its a limited market. The prem is global. I mean truly global.

They are not playing high end level fees for prime players in top European leagues and high end wages to such players. I think he is our player. He'll join us in the US. It's why Duran isn't listed as part of the tour methinks. To let him come in. In my opinion.

100% agree. Plus out of all the top players in Europe why do they want Diaby so bad?  Is he really going to give them the exposure they are looking for.  He has half a million Instagram followers. To put it in to perspective Coutinho has 24 million. 

This is not the kind of player they would be smashing their transfer record on.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, markc said:

Why don't Al-Nassr just admit defeat on this one and go for Harvey Barnes instead 🙂

They could buy Barnes, loan him to Need caassaaa and he'll be paid a fortune be th warns and enjoy a dog on the tyneeeee pet

• Like 1

17 hours ago, QldVilla said:

The best players aren’t going to the league only those who at mostly the end of their careers.

Players still have to look at their legacy at the end of their careers and taking money over medals does none of that.

That's how Chelsea started. That's how Man City started. 

Buy big names at the end of their career to lend credibility.  Then spend loads on the hottest young properties and gradually ramp up and up just spending bonkers money. 

It's a very well worn tried and tested path. 

Saudi WILL dominate if they spend enough. No one will be interested in The Champions League if non of the world's top players play in it. 

The modern global fan follows players, not clubs. 

You're being extremely naive if you can't see this. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â