Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, Thug said:

I generally agree with your point.

But is FFP preventing anything?  I think it’s being exploited to get a few rungs up the ladder faster than anything.

It’s not Fair Play if some clubs have access to a market that others don’t.

Chelsea and Newcastle can seemingly unload any player they want for any fee they want.

Quite literally chelsea could sell a player like Enzo to a Saudi club for say £300m.  Then the Saudi club could sell him to Newcastle for £50m

FFP my arse.

Just ditch it all together. 

Free for all.

I agree FFP isn't fair, but it does limit what they can do slightly.

A free for all leaves Newcastle and Man City walking away with everything.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Is Paddy known for inside info? Genuinely don’t know.

Yeah he has good contacts at the club, including a few players I think. Doesn’t gob off about it but occasional drops some ITK stuff 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I agree FFP isn't fair, but it does limit what they can do slightly.

A free for all leaves Newcastle and Man City walking away with everything.

I’m not sure it helps with anything to be honest.

At the end of the day, they can only play 11 players each.  They will not be able to stockpile every top tier player as they will want to play.

coaching and team building will play a big part in who is the best team.

As things stand, all FFP is doing is limiting where the top tier players can go.  A player is more likely to opt to come to a club like villa if we are able to offer similar wages as the elite teams if the choice was purely based on playing time.  But if they can earn double at Chelsea because Chelsea have the FFP headroom to offer that, then makes the choice of sitting on a bench a little easier to stomach.

54 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

There is a greater chance of Small Heath winning the Champions League than FIFA ever doing this

Champions League would be a lot more fun if every year there was a golden ticket given to one team randomly in Europe, any team from any league. 

10 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Champions League would be a lot more fun if every year there was a golden ticket given to one team randomly in Europe, any team from any league. 

And they start every game with a 3-0 lead as a handicap to the other teams.

14 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I disagree, let’s be honest the CL is full of average teams in the group stages and it only really gets interesting from the QF onwards, when the average teams are out. Having another average/poor team isn’t going to make it anymore interesting/fun imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thug said:

It’s this in a nutshell.

Growing up it was all about Serie A.  They had the money and all the players.

1991 We lost a world class player to **** Bari.

BARI.

Serie A was a monster, much like the premier league has been, and where the Saudi Pro league is trying to be now.

Heritage may be a thing, but it’s not THE thing.

Thats money.

Always has been.  Always will be.

Since I’m from Catanzaro… I understand the venom in this post.. I couldn’t believe it happening at the time.. BARI ffs 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

China have unlimited wealth and massive influence over the PL like the saudis do?

When did the chinese nation own a PL club?

It’s not unlimited wealth.  Come on mate.  I think you need to relax. Nothing is going to happen to the Premier League anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Thug said:

It’s this in a nutshell.

Growing up it was all about Serie A.  They had the money and all the players.

1991 We lost a world class player to **** Bari.

BARI.

Serie A was a monster, much like the premier league has been, and where the Saudi Pro league is trying to be now.

Heritage may be a thing, but it’s not THE thing.

Thats money.

Always has been.  Always will be.

Name one world class player in his prime that has opted to go to Saudi? People really are getting carried away. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Name one world class player in his prime that has opted to go to Saudi? People really are getting carried away. 

😂😂😂😂

how about the current ballon d’or winner Karim benzema?

7 minutes ago, Thug said:

😂😂😂😂

how about the current ballon d’or winner Karim benzema?

Players aren’t in their prime at 35 and it’s also very rare for a player that age to win Ballon d’or.  You reckon he would have gone to Saudi if he was younger ?    

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Players aren’t in their prime at 35 and it’s also very rare for a player that age to win Ballon d’or.  You reckon he would have gone to Saudi if he was younger ?    

He won the Ballon D’or.  For the first time.

That would make him in HIS prime.  I.E at the top of his game.

Ruben Neves is 26.

regardless, I’m not sure of what the point you’re trying to make is.

MY point is that money rules over all else.  Even at 35, Benzema would have had many suitors all over the world.

He chose a pay packet over heritage.

There is not a footballer in this earth that can not be bought.  I’m telling you now, if MBappe is offered £10bn, he’ll be playing in Saudi next year.

it’s a sad state of affairs, but money spanks the shit out of heritage.

And what do u mean by getting carried away?

1 hour ago, Thug said:

He won the Ballon D’or.  For the first time.

That would make him in HIS prime.  I.E at the top of his game.

Ruben Neves is 26.

regardless, I’m not sure of what the point you’re trying to make is.

MY point is that money rules over all else.  Even at 35, Benzema would have had many suitors all over the world.

He chose a pay packet over heritage.

There is not a footballer in this earth that can not be bought.  I’m telling you now, if MBappe is offered £10bn, he’ll be playing in Saudi next year.

it’s a sad state of affairs, but money spanks the shit out of heritage.

And what do u mean by getting carried away?

Money only rules for some people. The reality is people are going to Arabia to regress. They won’t have to meet the same standards if they were playing in a top tier league, they won’t have the best coaching, they won’t have the best sports science etc etc.

To elite sportspeople, coaches etc that actually matters. You go to Arabia you probably aren’t coming back due to the drop off in performances and fitness.

But I’m sure the money will make them feel fulfilled. 

• Like 1

This is absolutely a stitch up by Saudis IMO. A racket.

We might manage to get Diaby, we might not.

Something you'll continue to see: Teams that are threats to Newcastle & Chelsea being competed with for players by Saudi. 

Something you won't see: Saudi competing with Newcastle or Chelsea for players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Money only rules for some people. The reality is people are going to Arabia to regress. They won’t have to meet the same standards if they were playing in a top tier league, they won’t have the best coaching, they won’t have the best sports science etc etc.

To elite sportspeople, coaches etc that actually matters. You go to Arabia you probably aren’t coming back due to the drop off in performances and fitness.

But I’m sure the money will make them feel fulfilled. 

Saturate the Saudi league with enough top players and coaches over the next 5-10 years (and the money WILL bring them) and it suddenely becomes one of the top leagues no one will be going there to regress, it'll be sought after.

Â