Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Trust in Monchi.... He is expert. You never know, things happening in reality and things leaking out to the press - who knows what the lag time is between it happening then it leaking that it's done? Anyone know? I don't know. Could be all done as far as we know.

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Nothing is gonna happen unless we have a bid accepted so we run the risk of missing out if we keep low balling.  Just pay the asking price.

Very likely we are in a similar situation over other players we want to sign - Goncalves, for example. Don’t want to give the impression that we’re a soft touch just because we have money to spend. 

• Like 1

Just now, Supervillan78 said:

I’d imagine that most top class professional players would still value individual development, competitive pride and personal achievement over excessive financial gain. 

Unless your name is Ruben Neves

20 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I’d imagine that most top class professional players would still value individual development, competitive pride and personal achievement over excessive financial gain. 

Sorry I think that maybe naive, I think financial gain will be equal to individual components you suggest.  The reason so many top professional players claim otherwise is that they get the luxury of both.  

We can start seeing that in Ronaldo and Messi, both still able to play in Europe and win things but didn’t and gone to fantastic riches in poor leagues.  

Players in foreign leagues want to come to PL for the money, you think how many players have turned down bigger foreign clubs to join mid PL teams, even we’ve benefitted from that.  Fans just ignore that because it’s the English league rather than now the Middle East leagues.

Edited by nick76

53 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Nothing is gonna happen unless we have a bid accepted so we run the risk of missing out if we keep low balling.  Just pay the asking price.

There aren't many times that this will ever work. This isn't one of them either. We're the only serious team bidding for him, if Newcastle or someone joins in, fair enough. But at the minute it's a straight choice for the player of

• Boat loads of cash but leave serious football, ruining your chance of being in the Euros Squad
  • Or join Villa and give yourself a chance whilst still earning very well.

We know we're the favoured option, if that changes so should our strategy. But you don't just pay an extra £10m for bants

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd like to go on record as saying I like Ruben Neves and actually, his reasoning for going there is frank, honest and admirable. 

Yes, he'd be wealthy if he didn't, but the amount of money he's now going to make means his family (3 kids) will live an incredible life without worry EVER. A lot of us forget these players have families and putting them before a few medals is understandable. 

Tin hat on and all that, but I can see why even the younger players are taking the money. It's the difference from being very wealthy to being insanely wealthy forever. 

It is… and you have to remember the background which some players come from, as poverty is a massive driver for sports people to try to break that cycle and escape it. So if you’ve grown up with nothing, having the chance to never worry about money again for you and your family would tempt many I imagine. Not saying it’s right, but it is understandable if not excusable.

How many of us work jobs we don’t particularly like to provide for our family? A lot I would imagine. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd like to go on record as saying I like Ruben Neves and actually, his reasoning for going there is frank, honest and admirable. 

Yes, he'd be wealthy if he didn't, but the amount of money he's now going to make means his family (3 kids) will live an incredible life without worry EVER. A lot of us forget these players have families and putting them before a few medals is understandable. 

Tin hat on and all that, but I can see why even the younger players are taking the money. It's the difference from being very wealthy to being insanely wealthy forever. 

bollocks. Even an average PL player is earning life changing money. **** every single one of them if that's not enough. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It is… and you have to remember the background which some players come from, as poverty is a massive driver for sports people to try to break that cycle and escape it. So if you’ve grown up with nothing, having the chance to never worry about money again for you and your family would tempt many I imagine. Not saying it’s right, but it is understandable if not excusable.

How many of us work jobs we don’t particularly like to provide for our family? A lot I would imagine. 

Yeh, exactly. You even have some players - like Mane - who are providing for entire villages, building schools and hospitals. If someone like that is offered an extra £30m over the closest offer in Europe, fair **** play. Think of all the people that helps!

I'm not saying all players are like that. Some just want to spunk it on fancy houses and yachts and so be it. They've got themselves into a position to do that. I'm just saying I can understand it is all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

bollocks. Even an average PL player is earning life changing money. **** every single one of them if that's not enough. 

I think the point Delphinho was making was that there is a difference between life changing money for an individual, and life changing money for an entire generation of your family. 

It's on offer, some people will take it. 

Â