Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

Confirmed by FPL that is was the worst game week ever, by a clear 7 points. Average score of 12, the previous low was 19, and the next lowest average is 26

• Like 1

20 hours ago, a-k said:

DGW34 has been announced.

which DGW to bench boost between 34 and 37 will make or break seasons IMO. at the moment there's not a clear winner between the two

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

which DGW to bench boost between 34 and 37 will make or break seasons IMO. at the moment there's not a clear winner between the two

A FH would have come in handy...me after BGW29:

Expressing Regret | Baamboozle - Baamboozle | The Most Fun Classroom Games!

1 hour ago, a-k said:

A FH would have come in handy...me after BGW29:

Expressing Regret | Baamboozle - Baamboozle | The Most Fun Classroom Games!

yep. lots in the same boat though (me included)

i'm leaning towards a WC33, BB34 strategy. GW37 could see some rotation if teams no longer have much to play for

14 hours ago, tomav84 said:

yep. lots in the same boat though (me included)

i'm leaning towards a WC33, BB34 strategy. GW37 could see some rotation if teams no longer have much to play for

Without injuries, I can probably get to 8 or 9 doubles in GW34 without WC, leaving WC for 35 or 36. Will have to see how my bench looks for 34.

I'll WC this week. I just need to decide if I'm aiming to BB in 34 or 37 so I can aim towards that.

I'll FH the other week

Zero interest in that for me, can't see how that doesn't die off within a few weeks. There's other sites that do weekly games like this but with 5-10k prize pools. You've got FanDuel and Draftkings for more advanced weekly formats, they are paid contests though.

FPLs only market is that they are the most popular and easy to use season long format. Bit annoying they are actually wasting their time with this when they have done nothing to improve the main game for years, they can't even be bothered to change the chip strategy. I'm all for more chips and variety, bring back in all out attack (useful purely for when you have a defensive crisis or a benching dilemma) and change the Triple Captain so you actually pick 3 different captains in the same GW. 

Wouldn't mind if we had double chip selections either, we get 2 WCs a season, make it 2 of every chip and they have to be used in each half of the season. 

think there's a reason it's been introduced at this stage of the season. they're testing the water as to whether anyone actually bothers with it or not.

i'll have a go, but not putting any real hours in. just knock a team up in front of the telly on a friday evening

• Like 1

Can't be arsed with that. Don't even know what it is and have no interest in finding out.

It sounds basically like a game for people who can't be bothered to commit to a proper FPL season. You can just dip in and out when you please.

My big hope is it will attract the people who enter teams every week just trying to get the highest GW score in the proper FPL team so that the number of players isn't falsely inflated

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It sounds basically like a game for people who can't be bothered to commit to a proper FPL season. You can just dip in and out when you please.

My big hope is it will attract the people who enter teams every week just trying to get the highest GW score in the proper FPL team so that the number of players isn't falsely inflated

ah good point, yes that will definitely happen fortunately

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll never understand why you'd bother to do that. You won't get any of the prizes, people are spamming loads in too, who's got the time?

11 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I'll never understand why you'd bother to do that. You won't get any of the prizes, people are spamming loads in too, who's got the time?

they either don't know that they don't get a prize, or just doing it to post it on insta

Me and a mate just shared our wildcards. We have 14 players the same, and the one we have different, we had the other person's player yesterday.

• Haha 1

Didn't use my WC this week as I thought my team was fine as is. Went well tbf, Not owning Salah only worry but didn't hurt me much at all. 67 points not too shabby. 

I don't plan anything I just wing it every GW but I want Salah now so need to decide whether to hit WC midweek. I really don't understand why everyone went all in on Chelsea though, sure fixtures are good but you know Chelsea are extremely shite. Give me Palmer and the rest stay away. Will have to see how much of a sheep I become. 

Shite first week of my wildcard. I'm too scared to do the maths but almost certain that my pre-wildcard team would have outscored my wildcard team.

Sticking to my guns, it's a long term strategy. I've aimed for the GW37 doubles and will free hit in GW34. But it almost certainly looks like wildcarding this week would have been better

On 31/03/2024 at 19:00, Farlz said:

Didn't use my WC this week as I thought my team was fine as is. Went well tbf, Not owning Salah only worry but didn't hurt me much at all. 67 points not too shabby. 

I don't plan anything I just wing it every GW but I want Salah now so need to decide whether to hit WC midweek. I really don't understand why everyone went all in on Chelsea though, sure fixtures are good but you know Chelsea are extremely shite. Give me Palmer and the rest stay away. Will have to see how much of a sheep I become. 

I'm looking over my shoulder now, although @a-k is within touching distance.

Â