Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

Took a -8 to bring in Toney, Bowen and Udogie giving me 9 players. Took out Haaland, Foden and Estupinan

I was only going to take the one hit but decided I’m wildcarding next GW so that kinda changed my perspective as a -8 is only really -4 this week

Posted (edited)

did a free hit. basically only points that are going to count for anything are porro, flekken, bailey, elanga and digne.

the rest of the team is just total template

edit: the regulon red card is handy though. he's quite highly owned

edit edit: i just saw on twitter that regulon continues to get minus points for goals conceded. is that true? i get being sent off indirectly contributes to goals conceded but seems unfair. not complaining obviously

Edited by tomav84

Dodged the free hit, if Richy gets on then that's 8 players with 3 of the big ones in Watkins, Son and Bowen. 

Everyone around me in my work league has used it. If I can just hold on this week I feel I could be in a good position and at least it'll make things interesting for me now. 

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Reguilon red card is very very funny

I went with Reguilon + Flekken instead of Toffolo + Sels because Burnley struggle to score and Luton don't. Of course we know how it plays out...

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The no free hitters are winning at the moment

It's really context specific though, isn't it? If I didn't FH, I would have been on 3 players without taking any hits. I would be surprised if, at the end of the GW, I would have been better off not FHing.

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

It's really context specific though, isn't it? If I didn't FH, I would have been on 3 players without taking any hits. I would be surprised if, at the end of the GW, I would have been better off not FHing.

Well yes in isolation. But the points gained from having a free hit to use in a later gameweek would almost certainly be higher than the points you’ve gained from using it this week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well yes in isolation. But the points gained from having a free hit to use in a later gameweek would almost certainly be higher than the points you’ve gained from using it this week. 

With WC and BB still to use, I think this was the best time for FH, but let's see, time will tell 🙂

it was a flip of a coin decision for me between elanga and fofana as to who starts and who's 1st bench. i chose wrong.

My god I'm happy I didn't free hit. Obviously if you barely had players you had to use it by wow has it not paid off today. 

Barely been hurt by it at all. Feeling good. 

35 minutes ago, Farlz said:

My god I'm happy I didn't free hit. Obviously if you barely had players you had to use it by wow has it not paid off today. 

Barely been hurt by it at all. Feeling good. 

yeah i really had no choice. still got 4 players to play though which is exactly how many i'd have had if i hadn't FH'ted

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That must be one of the lowest scoring gameweeks in history

Using my small sample size of my cash league, this has been by far the lowest scoring gameweek of the past 5 years.

The previous lowest average score in our league was 28.0 (incidentally also this season, Gameweek 11)

This week the average was only 16.8

I split our league into mini leagues and the previous LOWEST score to be the highest score for that week in a minileague was 33 back in 19/20. This week all 4 minileague winning scores were less than that, with the highest being 30 and the lowest being 20

Even for the small amount of fixtures it was a mad week

Â