Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Into the top 1k for the first time ever. I'm coming for that #1 spot!

You're having a superb season. Keep it up. Do you get more nervous with transfers because you've more to lose, or are you full of confidence now and going for it with abandon 😁

18 hours ago, bickster said:

“I’m definitely not falling for the Douglas Luiz trap” as one famous FPL content creator said only last week :crylaugh:

Who said that?

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Who said that?

Specifically last week, I can’t remember, it was in a tweet but the Arsenal throbber that is FPLMate has said similar comments about Dougie all season. Currently the 5th highest scoring midfielder in the game :D 

EDIT: hazy Sunday morning head has a vague idea it might have been FPLHarry

57 minutes ago, BOF said:

You're having a superb season. Keep it up. Do you get more nervous with transfers because you've more to lose, or are you full of confidence now and going for it with abandon 😁

Nothing to be nervous about (yet?)! Just playing for fun this year and still quite a ways away from any prize!

On 25/02/2024 at 07:31, a-k said:

Into the top 1k for the first time ever. I'm coming for that #1 spot!

Fairplay, I've been in second trying to catch you for weeks now but can't get close.

Was stuck with Bowen for ages as I had other issues to deal with so that was a nice return. Early move for the first time this season to get Solanke in for Alvarez before the price movements, hopefully that doesn't backfire with FA Cups still to go.

Saka has Sheff Utd at the weekend but I assume it will still be a lock for Haaland captain.

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

QoY2Axv.gif

Paqueta was the key there. As soon he was back, I said to my mate 'that makes Bowen much more viable'. I didn't expect a bloody hattrick! Well done though. That's the kind of big brained move that gets you places in FPL. Watch the hoard jump on him now after the event.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Paqueta was the key there. As soon he was back, I said to my mate 'that makes Bowen much more viable'. I didn't expect a bloody hattrick! Well done though. That's the kind of big brained move that gets you places in FPL. Watch the hoard jump on him now after the event.

That was part of my reasoning. Also that he has a game in GW29 so it leaves the potential of a no free hit Gameweek 29 open, although that's obviously very much at the mercy of the FA Cup results.

But yeah that's gained me about 40k places overall (up to nearly 50k now) and I've gone 20 ish points clear in my cash league, which is a better position than I've ever been in

The price rises from the inevitable chasing of the points will be a nice bonus

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Solanke flagged after 300k have already brought him in. Not me, I brought him in last week 🙄

Had him for weeks but as I've already done my transfer for the week, I'll still play him with Hee Chan on the bench

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've got massive benching headaches this week so that's quite convenient to be honest. Hopefully he's back for his double

Me too.  If he's injured, that's hilarious. 200k transfers in.  Meanwhile 172k transfers out for KDB before his 4 assist haul against Luton.  It's fairly clear to me (call me naive), that Pep was keeping KDB back for the tougher games. He didn't need him against Brentford or Bournemouth. He gives him a full run-out at Luton to make sure he's ready before a run of games against Man Utd, Liverpool, Brighton, Arsenal & Villa.  They're title deciders, and they're exactly the games he'll need KDB for. And they're the games he'll do well in. I'm holding him. I think people have sold at exactly the wrong time. I think that's why he's a troll. People buy him for exactly the games City don't need him for, and then they get nervous heading into the fixtures where he thrives.

• Like 1

Â