Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

fa cup replays scrapped from next season. this is a major contributor to the blanks and doubles. could mean quite a shift to the way one plays FPL. also content creators might see a drop in views too, as i find the strategy aspect really is where they earn their money

• Like 1

Made it to 8 doublers in my First XI without taking a hit. Also looked at getting 10 doublers including bench boost, also without taking a hit, but decided I'll save that until DGW37, based on who I have planned coming into my team with the WC.

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Made it to 8 doublers in my First XI without taking a hit. Also looked at getting 10 doublers including bench boost, also without taking a hit, but decided I'll save that until DGW37, based on who I have planned coming into my team with the WC.

8 for me too (9 if you count ait-nouri on the bench), 1 hit.

was always going to do son and KDB for salah and eze plus an additional transfer for the hit which i found difficult deciding on. had olise in my head all week but wasn't happy with just the one liverpool player so taken a punt on diaz as think his minutes are fairly safe

On 18/04/2024 at 15:36, tomav84 said:

fa cup replays scrapped from next season. this is a major contributor to the blanks and doubles. could mean quite a shift to the way one plays FPL. also content creators might see a drop in views too, as i find the strategy aspect really is where they earn their money

This is better IMO. I don't know if it's possible but having no DGWs at all would be fantastic news.

Everyone at the moment is almost forced into the same strategy or pool of players. Imagine having a bench boost, free hit and TC where you can basically play it whatever week you think is best or suits your team. Currently if you play any of them chips before the first DGW in Feb/March time, then you've made a mistake. Kind of why I said in a previous post the other week I'd like to have them chips available for each half of the season, the first half has no DGWs or postponements (usually) and it would give everyone complete freedom to sort of have fun.

• Like 2

Free hit doing well so far. Pity I chickened out of taking Trent, but other decisions went my way so can't be too greedy. Wrong captain so far though. Hope Mo takes it out on Everton.

The Cunha injury forced my hand into Mateta so that worked out. Probably should've just kept Ait-Nouri in and then went Foden out Eze in as planned but eh whatever. 

VVD been a right waste of time since I got him in on WC. Just 1 clean sheet would be nice fella is that really too much to ask. 

On 16/04/2024 at 14:50, bickster said:

Olise because he isn't an FPL Troll :D 

The answer was Jota in the end, with Mateta up front. Went nicely so far.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Jota injured for at least two weeks!

giphy.gif

12 it is then.

• Like 1

Not a peep out of Stevo yet, even though he's doing very well. I guess he doesn't want to jinx it :) Just quietly hoping it nails the second half of the gameweek too :)  Sure hope I haven't jinxed it by bringing it up ! :P  

it's a really interesting wildcard decision this week. chelsea and utd have good fixtures but both are utter cack

initial thoughts are going big on spurs and newcastle

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's a really interesting wildcard decision this week. chelsea and utd have good fixtures but both are utter cack

initial thoughts are going big on spurs and newcastle

I think at this stage you buy players who have something to aim for. There's no substitute for that.

• Like 1

Luckily I loaded up on Chelsea and Man Utd players a few weeks ago in preparation so I’m used to how it feels to have them stinking out your team every week. 

Â