Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

To enter this season's 2 competitions :

Traditional league code : vyi3d9

Existing players will automatically re-enter this league. Only new participants need enter the above code.

Head 2 Head league code : jk2b61

N.B. : You need to manually enter into this competition each year. It does not automatically renew your membership.

If you're not familiar with the head 2 head format, it requires no more effort than just playing the game as normal (unlike say the draft league).
It's a round robin format where you face 1 team per week from the league. If you win that match-up you get 3 points. Draw is 1pt and loss is 0pts.

NOTE : Minor adjustment to this season's H2H league format. I've made the final 2 gameweeks into a semi-final and final, so it's not just a case of league winner wins. The top 4 now go into a straight knock-out. Should keep interest in it up to the end.

I'll keep this post updated with all relevant info.

• Like 1

salah 12.5

haaland - 14

son - 9m

odegarard - 8.5m

bruno - 8.5

mitoma - 6.5

ollie - 8m

nkunku 7.5

trippier 6.5

mbuemo - 6.5 (as a midfielder)

Edited by tomav84

Some ridiculous pricing already 

Odegaard (Mid) - £8.5m ⭕
Fernandes (Mid) - £8.5m 👹
Mitoma (Mid) - £6.5m 🕊️
Watkins (Fwd) - £8.0m 🟤
Ndiaye (Fwd) - £5.5m ⚔️
Morris (Fwd) - £5.5m 🟠
Nkunku (Fwd) - £7.5m 🧿
Kluivert (Mid) - £5.0m 🍒
Mbuemo (Mid) - £6.5m 🐝
Eze (Mid) - £6.5m 🦅
Leno (GK) - £4.5m ⬜
Pickford (GK) - £4.5m 🍬
Paqueta (Mid) - £6.0m ⚒️
Sa (GK) - £5.0m 🐺
Son (Mid) - £9.0m 🐔
Trippier (Def) - £6.5m ⚫
Gibbs-White (Mid) - £6.0m 🌳
Benson (Mid) - £5.5m 🟤
Haaland (Fwd) - £14.0m 🏆
Salah (Mid) - £12.5m 🔴

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

8m for trent will put a lot of people off

You reckon? 

A defender playing midfield and on pretty much all set pieces. He’ll be in everyone’s team I think. 

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

You reckon? 

A defender playing midfield and on pretty much all set pieces. He’ll be in everyone’s team I think. 

possibly. but there's value in the likes of son and fernandes. salah has had a slight reduction and haaland is still affordable. i just don't think folks will have much money tied up in the defence.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

possibly. but there's value in the likes of son and fernandes. salah has had a slight reduction and haaland is still affordable. i just don't think folks will have much money tied up in the defence.

Son would be a huge gamble. He was awful (FPL wise) last season

Edited by Stevo985

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Son would be a huge gamble. He was awful (FPL wise) last week

agree, but if kane leaves he'll step up one would've thought

12 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

F6401CBB-03D5-4281-AEF6-034ED2AED5E7.jpeg

we've got some good early fixtures...with our preferred CB pairing still up in the air i'll potentially be looking at moreno. maybe martinez too

I think the prices are really good so far. 8 for Trent is exactly what was needed. He will at least make people think now rather than be an auto-pick. There's practically nothing priced between 9 and 12.5. Question then becomes how many premiums can you afford without overly-affecting the rest? And if you do go with only one (as many are suggesting), then you've an absolute myriad of choice in midfield.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think the prices are really good so far. 8 for Trent is exactly what was needed. He will at least make people think now rather than be an auto-pick. There's practically nothing priced between 9 and 12.5. Question then becomes how many premiums can you afford without overly-affecting the rest? And if you do go with only one (as many are suggesting), then you've an absolute myriad of choice in midfield.

there will definitely be less of a clear template IMO aside from haaland. brighton players won't be an auto pick anymore...is mitoma good value still at 6.5m? not so sure.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

When does the 23/24 team selection page become active?

a lot of folks reckon today...they've gone through all 20 teams' price reveals with the last few being smashed out fairly quickly this morning

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

there will definitely be less of a clear template IMO aside from haaland. brighton players won't be an auto pick anymore...is mitoma good value still at 6.5m? not so sure.

a lot of folks reckon today...they've gone through all 20 teams' price reveals with the last few being smashed out fairly quickly this morning

I don't doubt Haaland will have massive ownership. Probably the highest in the game. But the pricing is interesting. It's hard to go Haaland + another premium, but there might be a discussion around going Salah+Kane and trying to go against the Haaland ownership with 2 premiums. Especially when you consider Kane didn't finish far behind Haaland last season.  Obviously assuming Kane isn't wearing the red of Munich by then :) 

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't doubt Haaland will have massive ownership. Probably the highest in the game. But the pricing is interesting. It's hard to go Haaland + another premium, but there might be a discussion around going Salah+Kane and trying to go against the Haaland ownership with 2 premiums. Especially when you consider Kane didn't finish far behind Haaland last season.  Obviously assuming Kane isn't wearing the red of Munich by then :) 

if kane stays it does make it interesting...but would be very risky not to own haaland. even though their points were similar, were there times where kane wouldn't have been the automatic captain choice? whereas haaland was just a set and forget captain

Â