Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

I know we just got battered and we're supposed to be annoyed and everything but I captained Son...

A killer for me this GW. Fortunately Foden and main Arsenal protagonists blanked

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

small red arrow. got away with it as didn't have solanke. captained zabarnyi which helped

Decided to go with Smith instead of Zabarnyi just to be different. Backfired.

Returns from Barkley and Doughty meant my week went from "utter disaster" to "minor setback"

Hoping that saving the free hit this week will pay off long term

The game did its best to rob me at the death by giving Solanke 2 undeserved bonus points  , but won my head to head by one point this week 

next week should be fun , I think I'm fielding 4 players having squandered my wild card on 3 man City players that pep didn't' play and 3 Liverpool players who all got injured during their double up week 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hoping that saving the free hit this week will pay off long term

i wondered this. especially with it being a tough week to predict. it's not like liverpool are at home to burnley or something. i'm still activating mine, but it's not a clear template

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i wondered this. especially with it being a tough week to predict. it's not like liverpool are at home to burnley or something. i'm still activating mine, but it's not a clear template

I think there’s a template, but if you can get to 8 or 9 without the free hit then it’s not worth free hitting, imo. Especially if that 8 or 9 includes the few big hitters that are playing (son, Watkins, Bowen for example)

It’s going to be a low scoring week, so an extra 2 or 3 players, probably Luton defenders or something, aren’t going to make much difference. 

But having a free hit for GW34 or 37 could be massive

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think there’s a template, but if you can get to 8 or 9 without the free hit then it’s not worth free hitting, imo. Especially if that 8 or 9 includes the few big hitters that are playing (son, Watkins, Bowen for example)

It’s going to be a low scoring week, so an extra 2 or 3 players, probably Luton defenders or something, aren’t going to make much difference. 

But having a free hit for GW34 or 37 could be massive

oh definitely if you can get 8 without a FH then it's not worth it

i had 4 players though...so don't really have a choice!

• Like 1

my only issue is do I go Haaland to Toney for a -4 which would give me 8 players

My other move is Estupinan to Udogie

So I guess the real question is do I want Haaland or Salah for the run in. It's make or break time in my quest for third place in my main ML

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Son and Toney coming in for me I think. -4 and gives me 10 players for the GW. I think it's worth it

Same moves for me giving me 7 players. I still think it's worth it, as I have all the major attacking players. Just need to hope the Reguilons of the world don't go off on one and ruin me.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

Same moves for me giving me 7 players. I still think it's worth it, as I have all the major attacking players. Just need to hope the Reguilons of the world don't go off on one and ruin me.

Yeah I'd agree. The advantage of BGWs is a -4 is only really a -2... in a way

In the cash league I run we also have a cup competition, two leg fixtures, it gets pretty serious.

My opponent this week has 1 player with a fixture this week. One
He did have 2 but the second one was Van de Ven who is injured.

He has 1FT, no Free Hit and no Wildcard

I'm relatively confident

• Haha 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

In the cash league I run we also have a cup competition, two leg fixtures, it gets pretty serious.

My opponent this week has 1 player with a fixture this week. One
He did have 2 but the second one was Van de Ven who is injured.

He has 1FT, no Free Hit and no Wildcard

I'm relatively confident

Hmm, make sure you own that player too though, just in case :P :P

• Haha 1

As a thought experiment I was wondering what I'd do in that scenario. I think you'd have to take a -16 and go with 6 players

• Haha 1

Richarlison has trained so he could play tomorrow.

A -4 could get me up to 8 players now. Bloody hell I have to actually think about this. 

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Richarlison has trained so he could play tomorrow.

A -4 could get me up to 8 players now. Bloody hell I have to actually think about this. 

Hmm I'd rather have Maddison & Son with Spurs defender tbh

Â