Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think the current template of Haaland / Jesus up front is hilariously bad Jesus almost never lives up to his stats and every video I've watched seems to be saying that is the way to go.

Not one YouTuber seems to have mentioned Diaby yet, third highest in assists in the Bundesliga over the last three seasons. None of them mention Douglas Luiz either and post Emery in charge he was one of the most productive midfielders in the league

Most of them seem to also punt for Mitoma, when March is the same price, has marginally better stats and was a little unlucky last season. He also has less competition for his place from what I can work out and powered on through the season, whereas at the end Mitoma looked dead on his feet, with Europe on their agenda this season, I have the feeling that Mitoma is a bigger risk of rotation. There are so many differentials out there now that it's quite easy to go against the current template

I had Diaby in my team the second he appeared on the game , would seem rude not to at that price   there are always other options at £6.5 to swap him with a Brighton midfielder  though 

I did have Doug , at £5.5m he's a steal but don't want 2 villa midfielders so have , for now opted for Le Celso as my bargain basement midfielder .. but there are other options , Brook at Bournemouth could be another good cheap one , back from injury and had good stats in previous seasons  

I've got Jesus for now 11 goals and 7 assists last year in an injury hit season isn't bad and they have Notts first game  ... there's always a Watkins or Wilson swap option on him though 

mind you my team will change at least another 200 times by Monday 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I don't see my team changing from now to the start of the season  Short of an injury or some revelation in pre season I'm set.

41 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't see my team changing from now to the start of the season  Short of an injury or some revelation in pre season I'm set.

pretty much same here. i still have mitoma but i'm really considering leaving him out as after luton their fixtures aren't great. easy switch to diaby for everton at home though and just keep mitoma as a one week punt

taking a bold strategy to this year's event, no Man City or Newcastle players involved. If Qatar take over United, it's bye bye Rashford. This post brought to you by Virtue Signallers & Co. 😛;) 

Nkunku or Jackson do look tempting. Gone Watkins, Darwin ( feel he'll still score quite a few alongside missing outrageous sitters ) and Ferguson, subject to change though. Might have to take Watkins out so as to not jinx the newcastle game.

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

taking a bold strategy to this year's event, no Man City or Newcastle players involved. If Qatar take over United, it's bye bye Rashford. This post brought to you by Virtue Signallers & Co. 😛;)

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Nkunku or Jackson do look tempting. Gone Watkins, Darwin ( feel he'll still score quite a few alongside missing outrageous sitters ) and Ferguson, subject to change though. Might have to take Watkins out so as to not jinx the newcastle game.

Oh, you were actually serious :lol: Well at least it's a free way in to Salah (kw)

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Oh, you were actually serious :lol: Well at least it's a free way in to Salah (kw)

I'll see how my ethical commitment lasts come Friday 11th August tbf :D 

But it's fun to see if making the rest of the team stronger all round could potentially be a way to go  ( narrator: no it won't )

Salah, I'm undecided on, Liverpool in general are quite a hard one to work out after last season. Mac allister and that other fella who I'm too lazy to check how to spell his name could be very astute signings. 

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

But it's fun to see if making the rest of the team stronger all round could potentially be a way to go  ( narrator: no it won't )

Yeah it won’t. 

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Salah, I'm undecided on, Liverpool in general are quite a hard one to work out after last season. Mac allister and that other fella who I'm too lazy to check how to spell his name could be very astute signings. 

If you have no city and still don’t get Salah then I’m getting you sectioned 

• Haha 1

jesus missing start of the season apparently. that's annoying i was hoping me having nkunku would be a nice differencial but i expect he'll be the standard replacement now

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

jesus missing start of the season apparently. that's annoying i was hoping me having nkunku would be a nice differencial but i expect he'll be the standard replacement now

Nkunku got a knee injury last night as well. Not sure how bad it was

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nkunku got a knee injury last night as well. Not sure how bad it was

I had a draft with Haaland Jackson and Nkunku in

First thoughts are now Haaland Darwin Jackson

I was trying to avoid Jesus and was glad everyone else wasn't, this also means Martinellis ownership will rocket so my team differentials are now heading towards being more template GRRRRRRR

14 hours ago, chappy said:

Made a team this week. Some of the fpl accounts seem to have been posting daily drafts/videos since the game launched. I’m glad I had a nice long break from it!

Same. Made my first draft yesterday. Couldn’t be bothered before that

Â