Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Decent first week so far. I’ve gone pretty safe given what happened last season. 

If Richarlison starts up front then I’ll be a happy boy

He does 👀

Had Diaby ( picked Eze instead)  and Chilwell ( poxy Gabriel coming in for about 4 mins ) leaving 14 points on the bench …. it’s going to be one of those seasons again I see 

but still fairly happy with my team so prob won’t do any transfers just yet 

Edited by tonyh29

I had Chilwell on the bench but as I picked Palace's Andersen instead of him I can't complain much apart from Arteta bringing on Gabriel with minutes to go. Picked Chelsea's Jackson ahead of Diaby but having watched bits of the game yesterday I'm quite happy to have him as a player

66 points currently with Onana, Bruno and Rashford to play. Could possibly top my money league after GW1, whatever happens I'll only be a few points off, currently less than 10 points behind and all the layers ahead of me have fewer players to play

One person in our league did the following....

• Didn't pick haaland in his squad
  • Played his Bench Boost in GW1
  • Has now used his first WC ahead of GW2

Yes he currently sits at the bottom of the league

Just now, bickster said:

I had Chilwell on the bench but as I picked Palace's Andersen instead of him I can't complain much apart from Arteta bringing on Gabriel with minutes to go. Picked Chelsea's Jackson ahead of Diaby but having watched bits of the game yesterday I'm quite happy to have him as a player

66 points currently with Onana, Bruno and Rashford to play. Could possibly top my money league after GW1, whatever happens I'll only be a few points off, currently less than 10 points behind

Yeah Jackson looked interesting. 

Maddison was the most exciting player I saw over the weekend that I don't own. It'll be very hard to resist swapping Richarlison for him this week

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah Jackson looked interesting. 

Maddison was the most exciting player I saw over the weekend that I don't own. It'll be very hard to resist swapping Richarlison for him this week

Yes agree, considering Maddison for Martinelli as Martinelli as much as he got the assist (which was fortunate) didn't appear to be in the game that much, it also frees up £0.5mil for me too

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yes agree, considering Maddison for Martinelli as Martinelli as much as he got the assist (which was fortunate) didn't appear to be in the game that much, it also frees up £0.5mil for me too

Martinelli is a right word removed though. As soon as you sell him he'll get a brace in the next game. I might just keep him to stop being annoyed at him all the time

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Martinelli is a right word removed though. As soon as you sell him he'll get a brace in the next game. I might just keep him to stop being annoyed at him all the time

Yeah I had him most of last season

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah I had him most of last season

I had him until he started blanking. Then I swapped to Odegaard. You can guess what happened next

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I had him until he started blanking. Then I swapped to Odegaard. You can guess what happened next

if that was around the time when they choked for the title , then keep swapping them  :) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm definitely rolling this week, not even considering the kneejerk Gabriel transfer

Yep, gives you the mini-wildcard going into GW3 too. A -4 to change 3 players. A long-held and fine tradition :) Injuries notwithstanding, obviously.

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Just beware the week 1 scores. I'll hold tight.

Yep, no intention to use my transfer unless there's some major injury news or marquee signing for someone like Spurs.

I think a good rule of thumb is to ignore the previous week when judging players/transfers. There are some exceptions, but it avoids kneejerk transfers.

It would be extremely FPL, for example, to swap Richarlison for Maddison and then Richarlison to haul next week

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, no intention to use my transfer unless there's some major injury news or marquee signing for someone like Spurs.

I think a good rule of thumb is to ignore the previous week when judging players/transfers. There are some exceptions, but it avoids kneejerk transfers.

It would be extremely FPL, for example, to swap Richarlison for Maddison and then Richarlison to haul next week

I always think back to the 20/21 season. I had Son in week 1. He got 2pts. I brought in Bruno for him in week 2. Bruno got 2pts. Son got 24. I promptly realised my error and got Son for week 3. He got 1pt.

• Haha 2

if i roll, it gives me another week to assess reece james. was he injured or tired? i know poch said the latter but i have a slight doubt. him and chilwell could be essential picks this season but i need 2 moves to get him in.

gabriel is the one that really irked me.  arteta can't have been happy with how forest got back into the game so might bring him back in but if there's any suggestion gabriel doesn't start then i'm bringing in pinnock and freeing up 0.5m for the estupinan-james transfer for GW3

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if i roll, it gives me another week to assess reece james. was he injured or tired? i know poch said the latter but i have a slight doubt. him and chilwell could be essential picks this season but i need 2 moves to get him in.

gabriel is the one that really irked me.  arteta can't have been happy with how forest got back into the game so might bring him back in but if there's any suggestion gabriel doesn't start then i'm bringing in pinnock and freeing up 0.5m for the estupinan-james transfer for GW3

Word of warning, Estupinan's stats last week were excellent. He does have a habit of producing stats with no end product, but I wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him

Â