Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Word of warning, Estupinan's stats last week were excellent. He does have a habit of producing stats with no end product, but I wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him

The counterpoint to that is Brighton's run from 4 thru 9 is - NEW, mun, BOU, ast, LIV, mci. Other than Bournemouth I don't see many, if any clean sheets in there. I'm sure they may get one, but it may be worth hopping onto someone else during that period.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BOF said:

The counterpoint to that is Brighton's run from 4 thru 9 is - NEW, mun, BOU, ast, LIV, mci. Other than Bournemouth I don't see many, if any clean sheets in there. I'm sure they may get one, but it may be worth hopping onto someone else during that period.

Agreed, I'm more likely to keep Pedro on my bench that Estu during that period. That run is why I only wanted two Brighton players in my team

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

that was my thinking. i'd always planned to keep estupinan fairly short term

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pleased with the Chillwall one as it counts as a blocker on my player

Yeah they're really crucial at the start of the season.

In a way a 0.1 rise is basically a 0.5 rise because of the starting prices

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Rodri one is hilarious though, everyone jumping on a DM because he had a good week :D 

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Rodri one is hilarious though, everyone jumping on a DM because he had a good week :D 

I do think he could be a decent enabler over the course of the season though. He will play most games, gets into decent positions and will score his fair share just by virtue of playing for Man City. So I can understand people going for him. It'll be interesting to see how his starting position changes now with KDB out for 4 months. He may move up or they may use Kovacic. One to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's probably quite an underrated asset to be fair, but yeah I agree.

But you see it every week. Bandwagon jumpers everywhere.

Unfortunately last season was a season where the bandwagons all came through

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

never really thought of it like that. anyone yet to get on chilwell now can't do it quite as easily

i'm considering a transfer this week. even if gabriel is a 5% rotation risk, it's still more than you'd like at the start of the season and he might not have been in my 11 anyway

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

never really thought of it like that. anyone yet to get on chilwell now can't do it quite as easily

i'm considering a transfer this week. even if gabriel is a 5% rotation risk, it's still more than you'd like at the start of the season and he might not have been in my 11 anyway

Gabriel in my starting 11 with Baldock set to replace him if he doesn't play. Andersen of Palace is relegated from first team duties to last place on the bench for this week.

I want to see if Gabriel plays this week before making any decision, so barring any injury news I'm rolling transfers this week even if it means I'm paying more for Maddison if I downgrade from Bruno. My Gabriel replacement I'm yet to decide on (if needed as it's very tricky to find a defender I actually want aside from Saliba)

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Gabriel in my starting 11 with Baldock set to replace him if he doesn't play. Andersen of Palace is relegated from first team duties to last place on the bench for this week.

I want to see if Gabriel plays this week before making any decision, so barring any injury news I'm rolling transfers this week even if it means I'm paying more for Maddison if I downgrade from Bruno. My Gabriel replacement I'm yet to decide on (if needed as it's very tricky to find a defender I actually want aside from Saliba)

With Timber's injury I'd say Zinchenko is pretty likely to start most games now. I hate him but he was a decent asset last season

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

if arteta confirms in press conference that he's starting (unlikely but you never know) then i'll keep him but otherwise my initial plan is gabriel to pinnock/henry this week as their fixture is OK and future fixtures are decent. then estupinan to james next week (assuming james' price hasn't gone up by then)

Â