BOF

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

So the early template appears to be: 4-4-2

Ramsdale

TAA, Shaw, Estupinian, Tripper

Saka, Mitoma, Rashford, Mbuema, 

Haaland, Jesus

Subs Areola, Botman, Baptiste, Surridge

I think I'll give Trippier a few weeks to get over those initial fixtures. I'll look at him at some point from 5 onwards. Bottyman I don't mind, as he's cheap and can sit on the bench.  I probably won't be spending 5 on a keeper either, but Ramsdale is defo a good option.  I have 7 of your starters so far. But it's early doors.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I think I'll give Trippier a few weeks to get over those initial fixtures. I'll look at him at some point from 5 onwards. Bottyman I don't mind, as he's cheap and can sit on the bench.  I probably won't be spending 5 on a keeper either, but Ramsdale is defo a good option.  I have 7 of your starters so far. But it's early doors.

They aren't mine

Those are the currently most selected in a 4-4-2 with the subs taken from the most selected cheapos 

Just now, bickster said:

They aren't mine

Those are the currently most selected in a 4-4-2 with the subs taken from the most selected cheapos 

Ah, OK :thumb:

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ah, OK :thumb:

Personally I'm gearing up to play 3-5-2 most of the season, so I'm likely to have 2 cheapo defenders and spend a little more in midfield. Also that team has no early season financial Wiggle room as it comes in bang on £20mil

I'm also of the opinion that if Kane does indeed go to Utd, then Rashford becomes incredibly overpriced

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Personally I'm gearing up to play 3-5-2 most of the season, so I'm likely to have 2 cheapo defenders and spend a little more in midfield. Also that team has no early season financial Wiggle room as it comes in bang on £20mil

Yeah I'll start with a 3-5-2. There's so much choice in midfield. Those returns will vary wildly. I could pick 10 mids that I would happily choose to have in my squad and there'll be plenty of FOMO with my final choice. Just gotta try and chase the early returns before triggering the WC.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Ramsdale

Haaland, Jesus

is that based on current ownership? i don't think trippier will be in the final GW1 template...mainly cause the content creators all seem to be avoiding him

i don't see there being a clear midfield template because there are just so many options. in addition to the ones you've mentioned you've also got bruno, salah, son, and arguably maddison too. i might even throw in gross over mitoma as many are speculating he'll become the new mac allister...number 10 role and on pens.

i think jesus will start for a lot of teams though

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

is that based on current ownership? i don't think trippier will be in the final GW1 template...mainly cause the content creators all seem to be avoiding him

i don't see there being a clear midfield template because there are just so many options. in addition to the ones you've mentioned you've also got bruno, salah, son, and arguably maddison too. i might even throw in gross over mitoma as many are speculating he'll become the new mac allister...number 10 role and on pens.

i think jesus will start for a lot of teams though

Yep, I just went through and put current top 1-4-4-2 players owned in each category then added the most players owned from the cheapo options available for the subs. Just as a sort of exercise in looking at current thinking. Not perfect obviously as formations will play a part, as will new signings and their prices as they come in and obviously people are just dicking about right now too.

I thought Ramsdale was interesting as from my POV I’d consider using an Arsenal defensive slot on a keeper as a bit of a waste, rather have Gabriel for the same money, especially if I'm going with Saka / Jesus as those three are probably the three most nailed on right now, rest of the team has a much bigger rotation risk than last year.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yep, I just went through and put current top 1-4-4-2 players owned in each category then added the most players owned from the cheapo options available for the subs. Just as a sort of exercise in looking at current thinking. Not perfect obviously as formations will play a part, as will new signings and their prices as they come in and obviously people are just dicking about right now too.

I thought Ramsdale was interesting as from my POV I’d consider using an Arsenal defensive slot on a keeper as a bit of a waste, rather have Gabriel for the same money, especially if I'm going with Saka / Jesus as those three are probably the three most nailed on right now, rest of the team has a much bigger rotation risk than last year.

yeah i'm going to try and work out a way of getting gabriel in my team. struggling at the moment though. plenty of time to tinker with it though

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Ramsdale

Haaland, Jesus

I haven't even loaded the game back up yet, very tempted to not bother. This team is just the same template as last season.

They badly needed to change the rules/pricing.

On 07/07/2023 at 23:01, AndyM3000 said:

I haven't even loaded the game back up yet, very tempted to not bother. This team is just the same template as last season.

They badly needed to change the rules/pricing.

It really isn’t. There are very few decent cheap options, last season there were a lot. Haaland's price means that the “threemium” tactic isn’t really possible. It’s almost impossible to have a decent side with Haaland and even Kane or Salah.

The double premium tactic has to be Kane and Salah.

There are also lots choices in midfield but hardly any at the 4.0 - 4.5 level

I'm definitely of the opinion that the game will be one and lost on midfield choices and rotation options at the back.

Talking about Kane and Salah, I had a mess about looking at the options and came up with this team. If Kane and Salah do perform as usual this season. It might be a serious differential option but it’s a brave player that goes against Haaland at the start of the season, I'm not sure that I'm that brave as Haaland's price is bound to shoot up in the first week whereas the other two aren't as likely to rise. It'll be much easier to go to K&S from Haaland than the other way around.

But an interesting exercise to see the route you'd have to take should anything happen to Haaland or Citeh rotate him more than last season

Team value is £99.5 mil

IMG_0096.png

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

It really isn’t. There are very few decent cheap options, last season there were a lot. Haaland's price means that the “threemium” tactic isn’t really possible. It’s almost impossible to have a decent side with Haaland and even Kane or Salah.

I'm definitely of the opinion that the game will be one and lost on midfield choices and rotation options at the back.

Talking about Kane and Salah, I had a mess about looking at the options and came up with this team. If Kane and Salah do perform as usual this season. It might be a serious differential option but it’s a brave player that goes against Haaland at the start of the season, I'm not sure that I'm that brave as Haaland's price is bound to shoot up in the first week whereas the other two aren't as likely to rise. It'll be much easier to go to K&S from Haaland than the other way around.

But an interesting exercise to see the route you'd have to take should anything happen to Haaland or Citeh rotate him more than last season

Team value is £99.5 mil

IMG_0096.png

i like that  team but dougie is an interesting choice. i actually think the villa player to keep an eye on is mcginn. tielmans coming in, plus ramsey being injured, i can see him playing much more of his 'scotland' role for us

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Team value is £99.5 mil

IMG_0096.png

This isn't awful.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

This isn't awful.

I seriously wouldn’t entertain Pickford at the start of the season and Maddison / Encisco represent big punts that might pay off. I’d have them on my watch list but wouldn’t want to go into GW1 with them

Having said all that, if Kane moves to United then I may well be exploring Haaland / Kane options and Rashford will be vastly overpriced, that move could change the whole dynamic of the game.

Is that the bloke on YouTube that wears the baseball cap back to front? If so, he's irritating :D 

Â