Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

Just a reminder guys, to manually enter the head 2 head league, as you don't go in automatically.

We only have 3 entrants so far, from 71 main league competitors.

Code : jk2b61

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

That should see  me out the bottom 3 this season then 😃

Considering the mistakes I made in the first 10 GWs last year as it was my first year back for a long time and I still finished top 180K I doubt it :P 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Considering the mistakes I made in the first 10 GWs last year as it was my first year back for a long time and I still finished top 180K I doubt it :P 

the H2H league is quite frustrating .. somehow I always seemed to get paired with a buffoon who got shit lucky on the day I played him and his team of no hopers have the game of their lives  and score a million points 

Yeah , i'm still quite bitter about my placing last season :D 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the H2H league is quite frustrating .. somehow I always seemed to get paired with a buffoon who got shit lucky on the day I played him and his team of no hopers have the game of their lives  and score a million points 

Yeah , i'm still quite bitter about my placing last season :D 

the worst is when you play someone that has clearly stopped playing, still has the captain on haaland who is injured, and left the vice captain on someone like solanke who goes and has a blinder

• Like 1

I had one of those last season in one of the bigger knockout cups. Players who had been injured for months and months, all came back together.  About 3 of them. Star players in a completely (un)dead zombie team. They all returned scores that gameweek and kicked my mortified arse.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2023 at 11:03, BOF said:

Just a reminder guys, to manually enter the head 2 head league, as you don't go in automatically.

We only have 3 entrants so far, from 71 main league competitors.

Code : jk2b61

Just entered the head2head league 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Diaby is in as a midfielder at £6.5m 

got my eye on that one. if the likes of mitoma are must haves then he has to be on the radar. he's going to be playing in a very advanced role

Had a glance down a few podcasts today. See what the trends are.

David Munday on FF Scout. My **** **** God. I cannot listen to more than 30 seconds of him. And he does all of them! A few pods a day with him waffling on and on. Surprised at how much I could dislike someone so quickly. Vile.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Had a glance down a few podcasts today. See what the trends are.

David Munday on FF Scout. My **** **** God. I cannot listen to more than 30 seconds of him. And he does all of them! A few pods a day with him waffling on and on. Surprised at how much I could dislike someone so quickly. Vile.

i enjoyed the various podcasts last season mainly to show me how bad an FPL manager i've been in the past so it helped me strategise during the season

but the market is just so saturated with them now. i get it's their full time jobs, but it's videos for the sake of videos. some were even doing drafts before the game was even launched ffs. the biggest culprit for that is FPL mate...he's just insufferable now. andy of lets talk FPL is still alright and i do like FPL harry

special mention to the FPL juice show...those guys just don't take themselves too seriously and a lot of the show is just them having a laugh and not all about FPL.

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i enjoyed the various podcasts last season mainly to show me how bad an FPL manager i've been in the past so it helped me strategise during the season

but the market is just so saturated with them now. i get it's their full time jobs, but it's videos for the sake of videos. some were even doing drafts before the game was even launched ffs. the biggest culprit for that is FPL mate...he's just insufferable now. andy of lets talk FPL is still alright and i do like FPL harry

special mention to the FPL juice show...those guys just don't take themselves too seriously and a lot of the show is just them having a laugh and not all about FPL.

Yeah there are so so many.  

Not listened to mate and won't be. Andy Let's talk seems a good guy.

15 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Yeh this is what has started to annoy me over the last year or so. I enjoy data and digging to find some potential gems, watching games and seeing which player is advanced and how they are setting up etc, now it's just all handed to causals on a plate in a tweet or a 5 minute youtube video. As you've said a load of it now is just videos/discussions for the sake of it.

I've decided to go this season with no mini leagues, I'll be ignoring EO completely and hoping all of my players score points while spending a lot less time on it. I'm basically annoyed the game which used to have a decent skill edge has been reduced to almost nothing. The fact people now get annoyed when these YouTubers do transfers without telling their audience says it all.

16 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh this is what has started to annoy me over the last year or so. I enjoy data and digging to find some potential gems, watching games and seeing which player is advanced and how they are setting up etc, now it's just all handed to causals on a plate in a tweet or a 5 minute youtube video. As you've said a load of it now is just videos/discussions for the sake of it.

I've decided to go this season with no mini leagues, I'll be ignoring EO completely and hoping all of my players score points while spending a lot less time on it. I'm basically annoyed the game which used to have a decent skill edge has been reduced to almost nothing. The fact people now get annoyed when these YouTubers do transfers without telling their audience says it all.

i think it still has that and this year's pricing has helped break the template. this season also will be a bit more 'normal' too. no world cup, no queens dying etc so there's no obvious week to play chips

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i think it still has that and this year's pricing has helped break the template. this season also will be a bit more 'normal' too. no world cup, no queens dying etc so there's no obvious week to play chips

The pricing has definitely helped this season

There's also some interesting fixture line ups like Villa / Palace. Their easy games are when we have hard games and vice versa, so a rotational combo of £4.5 villa defender / £4.5 palace defender can actually potentially save you money in defence and get you decent hauls. I don't think any of the Youtubers have pointed that out (not the one's I've watched anyway) - I currently have Pau / Anderson in my draft looking to exploit that. I even had a build the other day that still had £4mil in the bank and looked to me quite decent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

The pricing has definitely helped this season

There's also some interesting fixture line ups like Villa / Palace. Their easy games are when we have hard games and vice versa, so a rotational combo of £4.5 villa defender / £4.5 palace defender can actually potentially save you money in defence and get you decent hauls. I don't think any of the Youtubers have pointed that out (not the one's I've watched anyway) - I currently have Pau / Anderson in my draft looking to exploit that

there's a good article here that talks about just that. i did have areola and martinez as my keeper pairing at one point and might revert to that as we also rotate well with west ham. however palace are candidates for relegation this season so i'm not confident about any of their players!

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2023/06/18/fpl-2023-24-fixtures-best-teams-to-pair-in-rotation/

We continue our analysis of the newly released 2023/24 Premier League fixture list with a look at which teams rotate well from a Fantasy perspective.

• Like 1

I think the current template of Haaland / Jesus up front is hilariously bad Jesus almost never lives up to his stats and every video I've watched seems to be saying that is the way to go.

Not one YouTuber seems to have mentioned Diaby yet, third highest in assists in the Bundesliga over the last three seasons. None of them mention Douglas Luiz either and post Emery in charge he was one of the most productive midfielders in the league

Most of them seem to also punt for Mitoma, when March is the same price, has marginally better stats and was a little unlucky last season. He also has less competition for his place from what I can work out and powered on through the season, whereas at the end Mitoma looked dead on his feet, with Europe on their agenda this season, I have the feeling that Mitoma is a bigger risk of rotation. There are so many differentials out there now that it's quite easy to go against the current template

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think the current template of Haaland / Jesus up front is hilariously bad Jesus almost never lives up to his stats and every video I've watched seems to be saying that is the way to go.

Not one YouTuber seems to have mentioned Diaby yet, third highest in assists in the Bundesliga over the last three seasons. None of them mention Douglas Luiz either and post Emery in charge he was one of the most productive midfielders in the league

Most of them seem to also punt for Mitoma, when March is the same price, has marginally better stats and was a little unlucky last season. He also has less competition for his place from what I can work out and powered on through the season, whereas at the end Mitoma looked dead on his feet, with Europe on their agenda this season, I have the feeling that Mitoma is a bigger risk of rotation. There are so many differentials out there now that it's quite easy to go against the current template

at 6.5m diaby is 100% on my radar. absolutely nailed on in an attacking role. i still like mcginn too and i'll be interested to see what role he plays on sunday as i can actually watch this one. google had him as a forward in their team line up for the fulham game

i have actually put nkunku straight in. it's all good and well saying "i'll bring chelsea players in for GW3" but what happens about all the other transfers that you inevitably have to do? so i'm looking to get 1 step ahead there to the point that i might be lining up on GW1 with 3 chelsea players...which is a concern

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i have actually put nkunku straight in. it's all good and well saying "i'll bring chelsea players in for GW3" but what happens about all the other transfers that you inevitably have to do? so i'm looking to get 1 step ahead there to the point that i might be lining up on GW1 with 3 chelsea players...which is a concern

I'm actually considering Haaland / Nkunku / Jackson as a front three. And then that gives me an option on a single transfer in GW3 to have a Chelsea triple up. Not definite obviously but it's something I'm playing with. 

I also wish Kane's future was settled as that really can change everything

Â