Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Grealish will probably be the most safe option again if you want a City mid. 

hopefully there will be early team news friday.

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Looks like we can't count on Foden for another year. 

Pep being Pep. I fully expect Foden to be in the team next week

Ortega as a £4mil bench option is seriously tempting

18 hours ago, bickster said:

Pep being Pep. I fully expect Foden to be in the team next week

Ortega as a £4mil bench option is seriously tempting

Why? Is Ederson injured?

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why? Is Ederson injured?

Apparently not, didn't play yesterday though, he was on the bench. In the Community Shield last year he played, it could be that Pep has switched first choice keepers as Ederson did get quite a bit of stick last season and Pep had to come to his defence but also saying that Ortega was pushing Ederson and that he liked the competition for places. I'm just thinking as a £4mil sub keeper it may be worth a punt if Ederson has been dropped. It's not like I'm going to play my sub keeper in GW1`anyway and I can always switch to Areola when I have a spare free transfer I've no use for (ha!)

Nothing more than a punt really

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

Apparently not, didn't play yesterday though, he was on the bench. In the Community Shield last year he played, it could be that Pep has switched first choice keepers as Ederson did get quite a bit of stick last season and Pep had to come to his defence but also saying that Ortega was pushing Ederson and that he liked the competition for places. I'm just thinking as a £4mil sub keeper it may be worth a punt if Ederson has been dropped. It's not like I'm going to play my sub keeper in GW1`anyway and I can always switch to Areola when I have a spare free transfer I've no use for (ha!)

Nothing more than a punt really

I'd say there's almost zero chance Ederson has been dropped. He's the best keeper in the league, bar maybe Alisson.

Matt Turner is the £4m option now assuming Forest don't sign another keeper. Wasting a transfer on your sub keeper isn't something I want to be doing.

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not last season he wasn't, not by a long way

Disagree, and either way I doubt there's any real chance he gets dropped for Ortega

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Disagree, and either way I doubt there's any real chance he gets dropped for Ortega

I suspect you're right tbh but I definitely disagree that he's the best keeper in the league.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think Bicks should definitely use a City spot on their cup keeper. Bravery wins titles. Hell of a differential etc 😛

Absolutely know what you are saying, until two days ago I had three Citeh outfield players in my draft, not worth the rotation risk apart from haaland and their prices are too high, I don't actually envisage having more than two outfielders with their prices.

Never say never and all that but I have plenty of City spots available right now 

I don't think I ever had more than 2 at a time last season either

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Absolutely know what you are saying, until two days ago I had three Citeh outfield players in my draft, not worth the rotation risk apart from haaland and their prices are too high, I don't actually envisage having more than two outfielders with their prices.

Never say never and all that but I have plenty of City spots available right now 

stones is in my draft, i think he's fairly safe

if he's staying , Kane will more likely play more games than Haaland , and was only 9 pts off him last season with a shit Spuds team  , but for £1.5m cheaper 

problem is if you don't pick Haaland from the start and then Kane leaves it will bloody difficult to get him back in your team 

I'm gonna have to make a call on this soon 

On 07/08/2023 at 14:31, bickster said:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

mcginn again mentioning his new more forward role under emery and targeting more goals this year. really, really want to find a place for him in my team but just can't at the moment. guarantee he'll be in a few teams at some point this season

decided on emi as my keeper though. something tells me clean sheets will be hard to come by this season. more minutes played in games, lots of goals in the 90+ period of games so you want a keeper that makes saves of which he certainly does.

i had 1m in the bank at one point but decided to spend it all with the view that it's easier to go from watkins to someone like jackson than the other way around

Â