Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive just selected a random mockup i found online. Its not for th kit but more of the new badge. I think when its in other colours it actually looks quite nice like this

Screenshot_20240519_194125_Chrome.jpg

The text is barely visible so it just looks like the lion is right at the top of the crest (which it is for some stupid reason) with a big gap underneath so it's completely off centre vertically, It's abysmal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

The text is barely visible so it just looks like the lion is right at the top of the crest (which it is for some stupid reason) with a big gap underneath so it's completely off centre vertically, It's abysmal.

Better than having giant AVFC at the top in my opinion FOY

I hate this

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I've been reliably informed that the chaotic, never let them know your next move attitude from Villa's marketing department nowadays stems from the fact that they've hired Jhon Duran on secondment as the chief commercial officer

Kind of ironic that our badge has just transferred away from Chelsea if the rumours about Duran are to be believed. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Better than having giant AVFC at the top in my opinion FOY

I hate this

'AVFC' isn't great but at least there's some logic too.

Why not just put 'Aston Villa' at the top though?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YLN said:

Well played. I think now what I thought then. It seems like they tried to put it together using images on Microsoft Word. They hit Return once too many, causing the ASTON VILLA to go below the lion, and then they weren't able to get it to go back above the lion without the lion disappearing behind the badge. So they figured **** it, it'll do. Voila

OMG, you are so right. That’s actually what has happened hasn’t it!

15 minutes ago, Callum said:

Whoever runs the marketing department at Villa Park needs the sack. **** awful rollout - Atleast redeploy the website/social channels with the logo and give the new badge some sort of fanfare? 

Would you want a big fan fare if you had designed this badge?!

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

'AVFC' isn't great but at least there's some logic too.

Why not just put 'Aston Villa' at the top though?

Yea i agree it would look better at top but if you gave me choice of avfc in bold at top or aston villa at bottom im taking aston villa all day long

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive just selected a random mockup i found online. Its not for th kit but more of the new badge. I think when its in other colours it actually looks quite nice like this

Screenshot_20240519_194125_Chrome.jpg

We'll get away with it this seasons while everyone looks at the shirt and thinks "...A50U?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

We'll get away with it this seasons while everyone looks at the shirt and thinks "...A50U?"

Yeah dont get me started on that. God that is really horrific 

26 minutes ago, Callum said:

Whoever runs the marketing department at Villa Park needs the sack. **** awful rollout - Atleast redeploy the website/social channels with the logo and give the new badge some sort of fanfare? 

They know we hate it. That's why it was released like this, they are trying to hide it. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

That drop shadow is **** disgusting.

Heck had 5 months notice. 

As mentioned previously once they trademarked the badge it was never going to change, despite the reaction of the fans. 

I've never really been that bothered about the badge.  I thought it would end up being the gold version so I'm a little surprised that this is what we've ended up with.  One thing I will say is that lions are actually a kind of yellow.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've never really been that bothered about the badge.  I thought it would end up being the gold version so I'm a little surprised that this is what we've ended up with.  One thing I will say is that lions are actually a kind of yellow.

The problem is that so much that it's yellow - it was fine when it was layered on top of the claret and blue stripes (see the 1990-2000 badge) - but that it looks washed-out over pale blue. Which Villa fans have pointed out repeatedly.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

Â