Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I think it looks **** shite.

It'd probably look alright if all of the claret detailing on the edges wasn't completely lost on the brickwork, and if it was on a flat surface so our new badge we're trying to show off doesn't look disjointed by being cut in 3 on an uneven surface with a big bulge in the middle.

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Looks clean. As we’ve terminated the Castore deal early maybe the termination date was to coincide with the last home game for this launch…? Love a good conspiracy with the Villa 😃

This literally proves that yellow on blue is just wrong. Look at how pixellated that yellow is when you zoom in.

Gross every time.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think it looks **** shite.

It'd probably look alright if all of the claret detailing on the edges wasn't completely lost on the brickwork, and if it was on a flat surface so our new badge we're trying to show off doesn't look disjointed by being cut in 3 on an uneven surface with a big bulge in the middle.

Yeah, the stumps building wouldn't exactly be the first place I would think of for all this!

Just now, est1874 said:

This literally proves that yellow on blue is just wrong. Look at how pixellated that yellow is when you zoom in.

Gross every time.

I didn't realise you were a signed up member of the 'yellow on blue doesn't work' club?!

I like all of this so far, I'm not particularly keen on the badge itself and I hate the way we got to it, but over the course of the last couple of years I've learned that I probably don't have a great feel for the aesthetics of badges or the prevailing fashion of marketing, my main hope is for some sort of permanence - for me that fits in with our values, The colours on this I love and I really like the way it's being spread across the city, across digital platforms and around the ground itself. There's been some talk of an Adidas themed display on the Holte End tonight which might be nonsense, but I'm hoping this evening holds a big announcement and launch and something that tells the footballing world that we are definitely here to stay.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

What is the significance of all that design all around the actual shield shape?

It looks to me like a late 1800s 'Arts & Crafts' style pattern. Birmingham was a key city in that the Arts & Crafts movement, around the time of the Club's formation. Nice link to the 150 year anniversary 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I didn't realise you were a signed up member of the 'yellow on blue doesn't work' club?!

Oh, I am. If they want yellow on blue, as a bare minimum, it needs shading/detail and IMO should be a nice gold colour and not eye-melting yellow.

But I would rather they used yellow as a trim/tertiary detail colour and not a central element. As others have said, our colours are not blue and yellow. They're not even claret, blue and yellow. Officially we are claret and blue - so why on earth is the central element of our badge, and this new Adidas marketing campaign, in a yellow that looks terrible?

It's mental 😅

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's a mural in a place where a lot of fans walk by. A mural. 

It's not gonna be a pixel perfect design on a computer screen. Neither are the Villa team gonna run around in a shirt made out of bricks.

It's nice colours and making the area look more 'Villa'.

Aren't we overthinking it a little? 

god, yes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah only because we know it is, the claret and blue, the new adidas deal and the absurd yellow.  All the elements make it unique not the shield.

I’m just hoping they get the badge right because a big marketing scheme needs the product (badge) to deliver at the end.

But the point is that over time that shield and double border becomes synonymous with us, and frees us up to use other colour variations in collaborations with other partners, and everyone will still know its Villa.

I dislike Heck, and am not a fan of a lot of what he's done (especially his communication) but establishing this as a new brand that becomes immediately identifiable as a Villa themed product is not bad. 

Light yellow on blue I don't understand, but the shape and the brand reveal across media, print and physical villa property is a well organised and positive thing for me.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We'd know that shape is Aston Villa even if it were black and white, you say shields are more common, and you're probably right, but our shield looks nothing at all like Fulham's, or West Ham's, or any other, it's a completely distinct shape. 

Looks like Hull City, never mind a number of other shields that it could be easily confused with when looking at in black and white as you state unless looking in detail.  As for non-football you’d have your pick, UPS for starters.  Only different under a microscope or with the other elements imo.

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's a mural in a place where a lot of fans walk by. A mural. 

It's not gonna be a pixel perfect design on a computer screen. Neither are the Villa team gonna run around in a shirt made out of bricks.

It's nice colours and making the area look more 'Villa'.

Aren't we overthinking it a little? 

People shared and image and people are offering opinions. My opinion is I don't think it looks great and it'd be a million miles better if it was just on a flat white wall somewhere.

I'm hardly flipping the table or writing a thesis on it.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But the point is that over time that shield and double border becomes synonymous with us, and frees us up to use other colour variations in collaborations with other partners, and everyone will still know its Villa.

I dislike Heck, and am not a fan of a lot of what he's done (especially his communication) but establishing this as a new brand that becomes immediately identifiable as a Villa themed product is not bad. 

Light yellow on blue I don't understand, but the shape and the brand reveal across media, print and physical villa property is a well organised and positive thing for me.

Agree with this.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ll have a go at deciphering it. I think they’re claret and blue flames, and what rises from the ashes? a phoenix. So, River phoenix was an actor, the river in Birmingham is called the Rae. Ray Parlour played for arsenal as did Per Mertesacker. Mertesacker is German as is Adi Dassler the founder of Adidas so I think Adidas are going to sponsor us next season! 
You heard it here first 🤫 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Â