Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I believe the Heck badge hasn’t changed the colour scheme because of the rules on changing club badges… “any significant changes would need a fan consultation.” Rather than spend time and money to listen and persuade fans on badges. Heck just tweaked the Lerner badge to bring a “new badge”  

claver way to get around the rules, yet it’s a meh on the fans and a meh “tweak”

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

We may as well just accept that the drop shadow abomination is going to be our new badge 🤦‍♂️yellow… why yellow?

spacer.png

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

We may as well just accept that the drop shadow abomination is going to be our new badge 🤦‍♂️

Welp...I never envisaged our new crest to replace the Lion with Adidas branding 🤷‍♂️

7590-trollface.png.5b958f437580e5dc803d1d2db8e719a7.png

Also, there's no drop shadow in that mural.

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

We may as well just accept that the drop shadow abomination is going to be our new badge 🤦‍♂️

yellow… why yellow?

spacer.png

This is possibly top-tier copium from me here, but if you look at the borders on that mural they are both the same width, as opposed to the badge mock-up where they are noticably different.  I still flat out refuse to believe anyone with even a passing knowledge of graphic design would wilfully make the monstrosity above, so I'm still clinging with the tips of my fingernails to the hope that what we'll ultimately get is a better "final" version of that badge with the drop shadow and other poor elements finessed out, and that leak above was just a very early pass.

image.gif.19a1fc0c619d2bc31e560a4e4c42f3f5.gif

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

yellow… why yellow?

spacer.png

Yep it’s going to be this. 

I think we’ll see the detailed lion on the actual shirts, just like they were detailed on the Lerner badge. 

But everywhere else it’ll be that shadow abomination

• Sad 1

On 05/05/2024 at 14:42, maqroll said:

It's controversial, but I kind of like this. It's clean. Everything is in scale. Every element is clear and contrasts well. The lion achieves its detail through the less is more concept. It has our traditional motto, which is unique. You could replace it with 1874 if you wanted to. The big yellow star looks nice. Fully spelled out name. And the shape of the badge is inoffensive.

Aston Villa Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

Not great.

Still better than the badge we're about to have.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep it’s going to be this. 

I think we’ll see the detailed lion on the actual shirts, just like they were detailed on the Lerner badge. 

But everywhere else it’ll be that shadow abomination

I think the larger scale badges around the stadium / buildings will also (ultimately) suit the detailed lion where the size allows for a 3D effect to be realised in a better way.  So I think the shadow version will be used more where the scale of the image is such that the detail doesn't work and turns into a smudge.  Whilst the shadow isn't great at that scale it is possibly / probably better than a flat, non-detailed shape.  I also think we'll see the stand-alone detailed lion used more widely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

This is possibly top-tier copium from me here, but if you look at the borders on that mural they are both the same width, as opposed to the badge mock-up where they are noticably different.  I still flat out refuse to believe anyone with even a passing knowledge of graphic design would wilfully make the monstrosity above, so I'm still clinging with the tips of my fingernails to the hope that what we'll ultimately get is a better "final" version of that badge with the drop shadow and other poor elements finessed out, and that leak above was just a very early pass.

image.gif.19a1fc0c619d2bc31e560a4e4c42f3f5.gif

The only improvement they could make, working within the perceived limitations/restrictions, is to use the detailed lion rather than the plain, flat one with shadow.

Yellow is disappointing though… a nice shade of gold would’ve been much better.

Maybe the smaller shields with claret background are a clue to an alternative design but… it certainly looks like there will be no change to our main yellow n blue theme… 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not great.

Still better than the badge we're about to have.

It’s a jumbled mess that wouldn’t work in any sense. Wasted space and no alignment, too much text.

It would look beyond silly, especially zoomed out or from a distance.

A really poor design which I’m shocked has been given any consideration at all.

It doesn’t work in any way.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Most of the moanng is mob mentality and playing to the gallery, if the new badge was really as bad as some are making it out there would be protests against it as there were with the Leeds badge, and watch what happens, it will be unveiled talked about for a few days maybe a few weeks, and then it will be for the most part forgotten about, no one will be bothered how it looks, beyond a fleeting thought, as happens every single year with new kits, people will just get used it, as always with this kind of thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Cocksucking Heck and his yellow and blue army!

Maybe he's a Wizard of Oz fan? If so we are lucky we got a yellow lion on the badge instead of a cowardly one.

The Wizard Of Oz Bert Lahr Classic As The Cowardly Lion 24x36 poster iconic  wall art Poster

Posted (edited)

“PREPARED” is returning then…

was never a fan tbh… I’d rather achieve than prepare 😆

preparing hasn’t got us very far for a long while and… we failed to do it properly… some terrible decisions and appointments over the years…

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

“PREPARED” is returning then…

was never a fan tbh… I’d rather achieve than prepare 😆

preparing hasn’t got us very far for a long while and… we failed to do it properly… some terrible decisions and appointments over the years…

PREPARED is part of our heritage and should have a place in some of our branding IMO.

I think the drop shadow version doesn’t look so bad when viewing as an icon on a phone, it’s full size it looks poor. 

Â