Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

The round badge from 82 is what some posters prefer. Common consensus is the like roper branded shirt will go down as a classic …The Lerner era badge certainly stands out on that shirt. 

So I don’t get that the same posters bemoan the use of a blue background for the NSWE crest. 
image.thumb.jpeg.ea246ccb81e263580763c87fa66e21d8.jpeg

IMG_9901.webp

Because there's no contrast and you can't see shit! 😜

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I have no problem with a lion especially a rampant contourné one. Why an element of the City of Birmingham crest?

1. Aston Villa is in Birmingham and a proud part of its history. cf moving a new stadium Solihull?
  2. Without the City of Birmingham there probably would be no AVFC. Maybe an Aston City or Town.
  3. Those elements have been part of Villa's tradition for a long time.
  4. It would piss off Blues fans no-end. They can't be bothered to have elements of their supposed City on their crest.

Not really ... your preferences are clear.

Boo

10 hours ago, Billson said:

I actually have no issues with the design / layout of the revamped Lerner badge other than the colour scheme with the light yellow on light blue so I would personally be happy with changes as simple as the below:

Aston_Villa_logo.jpg

Aston_Villa_logo2.jpg

I honestly do not know how anybody can think the pale yellow options we have had, and are going to have, are better than any of the claret lion options we have seen on this thread or in our past

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

The round badge from 82 is what some posters prefer. Common consensus is the like roper branded shirt will go down as a classic …The Lerner era badge certainly stands out on that shirt. 

So I don’t get that the same posters bemoan the use of a blue background for the NSWE crest. 
image.thumb.jpeg.ea246ccb81e263580763c87fa66e21d8.jpeg

IMG_9901.webp

Because you can't see the lion. It doesn't do anything for the brand because it's impossible to make out. 

A blue background is fine. But not with a yellow lion. 

• Like 4

So there is a pic of a kit doing the rounds on Reddit - someone took this photo of our ‘new kit’ being sold in a market in Turkey.   

A fake shirt of course, but the Turkish seller said it’s a copy of our new kit.

It’s Adidas, with the new badge and AU1500 scrawled in the middle.  If you ignore the rubbish badge and ignore the AU1500, it looks pretty decent.

Not sure if anyone can get it from Reddit and post it here?

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

So there is a pic of a kit doing the rounds on Reddit - someone took this photo of our ‘new kit’ being sold in a market in Turkey.   

A fake shirt of course, but the Turkish seller said it’s a copy of our new kit.

It’s Adidas, with the new badge and AU1500 scrawled in the middle.  If you ignore the rubbish badge and ignore the AU1500, it looks pretty decent.

Not sure if anyone can get it from Reddit and post it here?

This will be the one you mean I think. We know it can't be accurate because of the sponsor, but, it is Adidas's 2024 template and i'd suggest it's not far off what we'll end up with.

I'd be surprised if the PL allow us to have that AV150 logo there at the size they've done it.

wO2iEBS.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This will be the one you mean I think. We know it can't be accurate because of the sponsor, but, it is Adidas's 2024 template and i'd suggest it's not far off what we'll end up with.

I'd be surprised if the PL allow us to have that AV150 logo there at the size they've done it.

wO2iEBS.png

That badge looks huge. Unfortunately, everything points in the direction that our new badge is this, but in a smaller format. Saves the money on a new shirt. This season's kit destroyed by the sponsor.

The badge is the worst thing about that kit. Surprised they are getting away with this bullshit after everything we have been through since 2022- how that can be a legitimate representation of what emerged from consultation is beyond me.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Going to try not to get too upset about the rest of that bootleg shirt, but the badge, **** me, it's dreadful.

I occasionally mellow on it a bit (doubtless what that coward Heck was hoping for when he went from "announcement in the next couple of weeks" to radio silence for 4 months), and then I see it again and realised they pissed millions and years up the wall to end up with a badge worse than the last one, it's criminal.

It is clearly too big on that shirt which doesn't help, shrink it by about 100% and it'll look alright

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

Dislike the colors on that shirt, they are way off and as everybody has said, the badge is a disgrace to the club

There is a vocal minority here who think we should just take what we're given because we simply don't understand the genius at work.

To me it's like he found Randy Lerner's old box of crayons! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

wO2iEBS.png

If that is correct, which it probably isn't, it's very 'busy'.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If that is correct, which it probably isn't, it's very 'busy'.

I don't think teams are allowed to have an extra logo like that AV150 badge.
Plus the sponsor will be Betano

So i assume that kit is very fake. Which is a good thing because it looks awful

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

This one definitely isn't legit, at the absolute best it's a cheap knock off. The logos won't be that scale, it'll be a lot more of a high quality finish etc. We also know the sponsor is different.

However, the template is the 2024 Adidas Template, so the basic construction with how the sleeves are cut in and the spikes is likely to be pretty close. Everything else is probably just a guess from this knock off merchant.

Side point really now but I’m a big advocate of gold lion and lettering on a claret background because it just looks classy with a blue border and highlights if/where applicable. Now some don’t think this contains enough blue, which is an opinion they’re entitled to, but for me our colours are claret, firstly, and blue, ratio not specified but certainly not 50/50 based on average home shirt.

Anyway, what I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention is that the current/Lerner badge and going from that the leaked Heck badge are basically blue and yellow - there’s hardly any claret on there! Now we can all agree that those are certainly not our colours, and that kind of moots the argument about having too much claret being a problem.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The crest stands out because it's baby blue (for some reason) on claret. The lion doesn't stand out on the badge because it's pale yellow (for some reason) on baby blue. It's just a smudge. The lion either needs to be claret on a blue background or gold on a claret background with a gold or blue trim so it stands out on the home shirt. This should be obvious to absolutely everybody - apart from Lerner and Heck apparently - and is absolutely fundamental to any Aston Villa crest design.

Exactly this. It's so simple yet no-one at Villa seems to understand the basic concept of contrasting colours.

• Like 2

Â