Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Honestly, as good as anything I’ve seen yet and unique 👍

Prefer more of the AV diamond as this is the same shape as Fiorentina, since they happen to be on that graphic, but excellent nonetheless.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Prefer more of the AV diamond as this is the same shape as Fiorentina, since they happen to be on that graphic, but excellent nonetheless.

The AV was also excellent. Sorry, I meant it being unique to anything we’ve had in our history previously, not unique to others.  Just wish something like this was coming our way.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Your work both impresses and depresses me that we'll never in a million years get anything close to what you design. 

A million times over, exactly this^

From what i can gather, fans have to be consulted about a badge change.

As far as I can see, Heck has seen this as showing the FAB his badge and when they said the lion should be more rampant, a small change was made just to the lion but still mainly sticking with his own design.

At the next FAB meeting, can someone show Teale's Tache's badge to Heck  and say "what about this you cock-sucker?"

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

As far as I can see, Heck has seen this as showing the FAB his badge and when they said the lion should be more rampant, a small change was made just to the lion but still mainly sticking with his own design.

At the next FAB meeting, can someone show Teale's Tache's badge to Heck  and say "what about this you cock-sucker?"

Or explain to Heck why the detailing has to be claret. 😊

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It looks so shit compared to other badges 😔. Always winds me up, doesn't reflect the status of the club.

FB_IMG_1708679824770.jpg

I think this is it for me. It simply isn't befitting of a club with as much tradition and history as ours. It just looks cheap and I'm not sure the proposed new one really fixes this either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

That's why the gas lamp inspired shield was so good.  Looks like a shield but to those that know it means something.

Its not particularly original (or even provably true). Spurs have the same story. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Honestly, as good as anything I’ve seen yet and unique 👍

Please just send your CV to Aston Villa, ask them to reply with a blank check and write a number down.

This stuff is brilliant, both the shirt and the badge. 

@Teale's 'tache

Edited by Mic09

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Please just send your CV to Aston Villa, ask them to reply with a blank check and write a number down.

This stuff is brilliant, both the shirt and the badge. 

Not my work unfortunately! Need to thank @Teale's 'tache but it is fantastic.

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I think this is more about stopping things that happened with Cardiff and Hull.  So it shouldn't be possible to change the club's logo from a Bluebird to a Dragon, their main colours from blue to red or the name of the club - without the fans having some level of involvement. 

I don't think a minor tweak to a club badge needs a fan consultation - in the same way that fans don't need to be consulted on new kit designs.  It then becomes a question as to what a "minor tweak" covers.  It's almost certain that going from the Lerner badge to the anticipated Heck badge would be considered a tweak and probably wouldn't officially need to go through any fan consultation.  But the Lerner - Purslow badge involves a change in the overall shape, the colour and direction of the lion and of the principal colours (although using the club's traditional colour palette) and so is less of a "tweak" but probably still not a fundamental change.  (Which is probably why the 1 year kit badge narrative was later adopted to make it easier to switch back to something more similar to the "original".)

It seems to be a rule introduced to handle a very specific incident around particularly bad owners (who should never have passed the ownership test anyway).  It also didn't seem to stop Newcastle playing half their matches in Saudi Arabia's national kit this season (or Man City playing in colours closer to the Etihad cabin crew uniform than their traditional away kit).

Edited by allani

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It looks so shit compared to other badges 😔. Always winds me up, doesn't reflect the status of the club.

FB_IMG_1708679824770.jpg

I was going to post the exact same thing. Ours stands out as the most basic, flaccid, muted and boring image. Sad.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Better? Worse?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nice. The only tweaks I'd like to see is the original Adidas trefoil logo, the sponsor in yellow/gold not white, and a collar. And maybe just plain caret, no design, just to see what it looks like. And maybe enlarge the badge slightly. : )

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Â