Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

If you aren’t bothered about the badge, brand or future identity of this club then why are you posting so much in this thread? For somebody not bothered why are you bothered others are bothered about those things?

To provide a counter argument and balance to the conversation ? … I don’t love the new design completely but also don’t see nor understand the anger of some … if that’s ok with you ? Also we know your feelings on it so why do you continue to post ? 

Edited by thabucks

It’s 100 percent factually known that Heck canned Purslow’s badge. That didn’t come from Nas and Wes as they had already signed off last years Crest before Heck came in and binned it. 

They appointed a guy and backed him - as they did with Gerrard - and they’ll sack him sooner rather than later in the same way if Heck carries on doing what he wants with zero consultation with anybody. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’m sure Nas & Wes have their fingers on the pulse so leave that to them to worry about… Again I’m only really interested in league position and not some execs role which no one truly knows was in the process … our  owners should be getting criticised just as much as Heck. 

But they are. People criticize the off the field stuff and rightly so.

In any company, in any field, being a shambles in one department inevitably affects all others in due time. 

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

To provide a counter argument and balance to the conversation ? … I don’t love the new design completely but also don’t see nor understand the anger of some … if that’s ok with you ? 

Totally fine with having that view, I was just curious.  Just seemed strange not to be bothered about the topic but about people who do have an interest.

I’m not sure it’s a counter argument to be honest.  You aren’t saying you love it which is a counter argument, you are just saying you don’t understand why we are bothered about it.

It’s all good though I was just curious.

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Badges come and go at the whims of the incumbent custodians of the club … Our team colours are part of our heritage and a completely different argument  

If you exclude the various shades of red/claret, our colours have radically changed approximately 10 times during our history. Probably at the whims of the incumbent custodians at the time. 

If you can't see why team crests are part of our heritage and the exact same argument then fair play, but I and many others can. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

I read somewhere here that attendees to the FAB meeting had seen the new crest.

Have any you had attended confirmed that this is the monstrosity that we will end up with?

It was reported by Maher at the Express and Star that this was the case, but either way, it's been submitted to the IPO, this is the badge.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, thabucks said:

For me NSWE are doing everything right and results matter more to me than a badge or what an exec said in an interview… it’s a game and business at the end of the day and I just enjoy what matters personally 

48 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Badges come and go at the whims of the incumbent custodians of the club … Our team colours are part of our heritage and a completely different argument  

Not all that different. Our team colours and which one is emphasised (claret over blue or blue over claret) are as much of a design choice as our badge is and could also be up for negotiation at the whims of any current or future custodians.

They'd be total idiots to do so, but, as you say, it's a "business at the end of the day" and there's not much we could do about it if they decided in was in our best interest (e.g. if they wanted to make us more distinctive from other claret-and-blue teams like West Ham).

Villa Park is part of our heritage too. However, like the badge and our team colours, it doesn't 'matter' over and above the results or how we perform on the pitch, and the location of the stadium is almost certainly going to be up for discussion at some point. So, likewise, wouldn't it bother you if we were winning trophies but were playing in a brand new stadium in another part of the city?

Edited by His Name Is Death

30 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I find it hilarious how het up some grown adults are getting over this - It’s just a badge and more important things to worry about … Are we performing well on the pitch wearing claret & blue ? If the answer is yes then just enjoy if the answer is no then bitch & moan … geez 

At the end of the day we're all a bunch of people who get emotive about watching a bunch of multi-millionaires kicking a ball for an hour and a half a week. From that perspective there's genuinely nothing remotely important to worry about when it comes to football, but we do because otherwise it'd be boring as hell!

The visual identity of the club is made with us in mind, especially as most of us will spend good money on kits and the like adorned with the badge and ultimate visual direction: I think it's fair to have strong opinions on how it looks, as seen by this thread having 112 pages in 6 months

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 4

Just now, wishywashy said:

At the end of the day we're all a bunch of people who get emotive about watching a bunch of multi-millionaires kicking a ball for an hour and a half a week. From that perspective there's genuinely nothing remotely important to worry about when it comes to football, but we do because otherwise it'd be boring as hell!

The visual identity of the club is made with us in mind, especially as most of us probably spend good money on kits and the like adorned with the badge: I think it's fair to have strong opinions on how it looks: as seen by this thread having 112 pages in 6 months

Honestly I mostly follow football BECAUSE it's largely meaningless and is a welcome distraction from the utter horror show that is most of the rest of the world and its inhabitants. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s 100 percent factually known that Heck canned Purslow’s badge. That didn’t come from Nas and Wes as they had already signed off last years Crest before Heck came in and binned it. 

They appointed a guy and backed him - as they did with Gerrard - and they’ll sack him sooner rather than later in the same way if Heck carries on doing what he wants with zero consultation with anybody. 

It wasn't his badge. He oversaw a detailed consultation, in which 2 badges were offered to fans to vote and the round one was the most popular by far. Unlike Heck who has drawn up something he likes and now it could  be club's image for the next 10-15 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It was reported by Maher at the Express and Star that this was the case, but either way, it's been submitted to the IPO, this is the badge.

Then now I am officially furious. It fits with them saying it was a rehash of the Lerner badge. What a huge anticlimax and shi!t show this has turned out be.

1 hour ago, Jimmyg said:

Tbf... Having kappa in the window that would tell me it's pre Heck.

And the fact that it says Home 20/21 kit is also a give away

Although I think the purpose of the photograph from the OP is to highlight the fact that the yellow badge doesn't stand out on the light blue background.  Having said that I think the light on the photograph also doesn't help the badge stand out very well.

And another thing while I'm here - the new badge looks shite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I find it hilarious how het up some grown adults are getting over this - It’s just a badge and more important things to worry about … Are we performing well on the pitch wearing claret & blue ? If the answer is yes then just enjoy if the answer is no then bitch & moan … geez 

What did you think people wee going to be talking about in a topic cunningly called "Future Club Crest & Brand Identity"? There are plenty of other topics for you to look at if you're not interested.

• Like 4

it's the Heck 12" Remix of the Lerner Crest

I've given up being arsed about such corporate nonsense but it's definitely amateurish

It probably saves them rebranding the stuff they haven't rebranded with the new / old round badge

The Lerner Crest was shite, so is this. The star shouldn't be in the badge at all it should be separate.

What happens if we win the CL next season? Are they going to put two stars there? That'll look dafter still, it'll look like a lion juggling stars. and more importantly, they'll have to change the branding again at huge cost just to accommodate the star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Oh no.... I just suddenly had a horrible image of a claret strip with a blue sash.

[whispers] I like kits with a sash (but ok for away, not home).

• Shocked 1

Â