Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

Someone did point out the other day that the demographic of this website and also the fans groups is mostly middle aged-ish men. I’d be intrigued to know what the 25 and under Villa demographic thinks. 

Interesting to note that for the 'current' round badge, the club recognised this and put together a group of younger fans with whom they held separate consultancy meetings throughout the process.

Posted (edited)

If they want to keep the current shape and colours why not just replace AVFC on the current badge with ASTON VILLA? You could stack them vertically if this fits better in the space. I’m sure 1874 could also be squeezed in somewhere in the existing layout. Then you could just paste this new badge over the existing one around the ground. There you go, I’ve just saved even more money on the ‘rebranding’.

Edited by mikeyjavfc

I wonder if we'll get a response from the club today - whether you like it or not, this definitely isn't the right way to launch a crest. I'm kinda hoping the club will rush forward their plans and take ownership of the narrative and launch asap.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if we'll get a response from the club today - whether you like it or not, this definitely isn't the right way to launch a crest. I'm kinda hoping the club will rush forward their plans and take ownership of the narrative and launch asap.

Hopefully it's an apology for inflicting that tripe upon us. It gets worse every time you look at it. 

• Like 2

Hopefully it will be Heck’s second “pause” as in many months or the owners just binning the whole exercise altogether and just saying we are sticking with the crest from last summer.

They would be idiots to formally launch this crap after seeing the online reaction knowing full well that they would have to replace it in the next few years anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Hopefully it will be Heck’s second “pause” as in many months or the owners just binning the whole exercise altogether and just saying we are sticking with the crest from last summer.

They would be idiots to formally launch this crap after seeing the online reaction knowing full well that they would have to replace it in the next few years anyway. 

Nah it’s fine, the new badge “isn’t universally disapproved” (just almost). All aboard the Heck express, full steam ahead!

I didn’t really expect universal approval of any new crest on here in the same way that every year when the new kits are revealed there are posts from people saying worst kit ever…….but on this occasion I am firmly in the “WTF” camp. From someone who has worked in design and print I am genuinely gobsmacked at how poor this is. As others have stated, the colours don’t work, why put Aston Villa at the bottom of the badge and not at the top, why have they tried to squeeze 1874 onto it……

How much have the club paid for this utterly amateur redesign.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

How much have the club paid for this utterly amateur redesign.

I can't imagine any design company would put their name to that abomination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Why stop at the drop shadow? We could really push the boundaries and use Comic Sans as well no? Add some faux 3D in there as well, blinking text whenever it's used digitally...

Sure, they could also write the name as AsToN ViLlA to complete the late 90s message board style.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd really hope so, because it would at least show a level of competency we've not come to expect. 

Not holding my breath though, tbh. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Was it just social media reaction thst got the Leeds badge overturned or did they do some sort of online petition? 

I think it was the social media reaction. There was a petition as well I think to the local MP (as if that matters) but when you have every other club and huge businesses ripping you on social media you need to backtrack. Ours obviously won’t illicit the same response as ours is just shite rather than hilarious and astonishingly misguided. 

Â