Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Feidhlim said:

I'll try to be civil vs my last comment.

Heck is an expert in branding. He's had huge success. He started with avfc after the brand "for the next 10 years" was already decided and in his expert opinion is not up to scratch. That's clear because he decided to not spend millions on rebranding everything and has now subsequently stated a new crest will be coming. 

This is not sabotage. It's shrewd and in line with the job he was hired for. It would be wreckless to spend millions and change everything and either 1. Keep it when he knows it's not good enough or 2. Spend more money changing it again a year later.

And yes, like I said, he's an expert so he will know that 2 crests is not conducive to a successful brand.

In my opinion, he will want something even more simplistic and the goal will be for instant recognition worldwide in several years.

You like the badge, as do I, and hopefully we will both like the new one. Let's calm down and trust the process.

Curious to know what you would have done to improve the communication (genuinely)? I rate Heck but nobody is perfect.

The issue is people look at the new badge and think Chelsea. You can't have that. It makes it completely unviable as a badge. 

• Like 3

On reflection, I am very surprised that the round design got the nod when it is so similar to Chelsea's.

We just can't have a logo that is so similar to another if we're trying to be recognisable and individual.

Screenshot_20230926-193230~2.png

Screenshot_20230926-193221~2.png

• Like 4

I was in one of the club crest redesign focus groups. The only thing everyone could agree on was that Aston Villa is a unique name.  Other than that there were so many different thoughts on traditional vs contemporary,  star vs no star, roundel vs shield, FC or no FC, etc. etc. Fan consultation when it comes to design has its limits. Best to leave it to design experts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The issue is people look at the new badge and think Chelsea. You can't have that. It makes it completely unviable as a badge. 

I voted for the round badge. Probably because of the success in the early 80s. Now i have seen it i want to go back to a crest. Doesnt suit us at all now.. i think Chelseas is shit as well. 

19 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I was in one of the club crest redesign focus groups. The only thing everyone could agree on was that Aston Villa is a unique name.  Other than that there were so many different thoughts on traditional vs contemporary,  star vs no star, roundel vs shield, FC or no FC, etc. etc. Fan consultation when it comes to design has its limits. Best to leave it to design experts. 

But I have an idea and it's better than anything else and I'm sure it's also what all fans want and any fan that disagrees with me doesn't understand marketing or history or culture. 

Edited by skarroki
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Rightfully so, the new badge is boring and crap, still looks like a Chelsea rip off

Yep, big problem and noticed it again and more prominently recently. When they’re both in monochrome they look pretty much identical.

Sod the round badge.

And turn the lion back round!!

Â