Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

"Using the results of that original process as the foundation......."

Wait. Eh? Wtf is the point of engaging again if you're going to use the same set of results. How are we supposed to get another new badge out of that?

Said it a long time ago, before we ever saw the current round badge option - what a huge mess from beginning to end this whole thing has been.

26 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

There it is.

24 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Johnny Come Lately Heck doesn't like it so it is binned off.

Booooo.

Yep, the desired impact quoted is BS.  How the hell have they got that when the season has barely started and they have completely limited how it’s used.  Just be honest Heck and say you don’t like it rather than the BS.  Starting to not like this bloke based on the hospitality and now the BS around the badge.  

Be honest, be upfront and he would not get people offside so quickly, not that he will care about the bloke in the stand.

Well, what a mess, which is very in keeping with how our brand has been as a whole for as long as I can remember.

I only hope this new process allows whoever gets to design the next effort enough room to be creative, and that they can produce something that really represents our great club and its history.

I'm no fan of the old badge, I'm not convinced by the new one either, and I really don't want to go through another year with 2 badges ever again.

Fingers crossed they come up with something the majority can get on board with, and that we can stick with for a long time.

Something elegant and timeless, that is Aston Villa, and that is what our crest should be too.

5 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Two of the designs kicking around last time this was being discussed:

Stand alone.JPG

Villa Kit 2.jpg

The first one is one of my concept kit designs from last year that someone has chucked a different crest on, love it when I see one of my designs out in the wild 😊

• Like 4

If you re engage with the same fanbase... won't you likely get the same results?

Although, last time they made it only season ticket holders of something of the like.

They need a much broader range of opinion, from people of all ages and generations of fans IMO. ( If they insist on engaging )

ONLY as some sort of guide... In the end... they should go with whatever the absolute best design for the club going forward is.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I think the main thrust of this will be -

Ok everyone, we heard what you said when we asked you first time. Round badge, full name etc etc. This is what we came up with. Now that we have it, how do you feel about it? We think we can do it better…

I think the consultation that has already happened will ultimately be used as having a better base to work from than they started with (the slightly more aggressive version of the Lerner lion). Improve the improvements, if you like.

My guess is they’re thinking the supporters who were emphatically in favour of some aspects (let’s say having a round badge) might have had a change of heart. 

I do think this could have been handled better. Although I think that whatever was produced was always going to provoke some negative reaction and/or a shrugged “Was it worth the hassle?” response.

I think we’re now in a position where this new, new badge has to be considered a winner by the vast majority. If we go through this process again and all they do is just switch the lion back the other way and that’s it, then there will be ridicule. And frankly, rightly so.

So it has to be a very good one that lasts for 10, 20 or more years. While it’s obviously important to have a badge that looks good, encapsulates the club and works digitally, etc etc, this is also rather tedious.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you re engage with the same fanbase... won't you likely get the same results?

Although, last time they made it only season ticket holders of something of the like.

They need a much broader range of opinion, from people of all ages and generations of fans IMO.

ONLY as some sort of guide... In the end... they should go with whatever the absolute best design for the club going forward is.

Possibly, but a lot depends on the questions asked and the ideas put forward.

As someone who works in design, I've had clients who were 100% certain of what they wanted until they were shown something they hadn't thought of and then immediately fell in love with.

First impressions are incredibly important, how you present a concept can be instrumental to getting people on board.

I'm intrigued to see what questions will be asked this time, what ideas will be floated, and ultimately how they present any designs to us.

• Like 2

Â