Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You keep saying this, but that rampant lion was always part of the promotional material for the new badges. It's not new, it was on the original videos and examples and was on the 3D renderings of the north stand. 

They're using it in exactly the way they were always going to use it

The lion is not new, yeah, but there’s been a heavier emphasis on this standalone version and it seems to suggest that that’s our focus now. I didn’t say it was a new lion or anything (it’s the version that I prefer anyway) but it is being used constantly without the badge or crest now…

Rather than using our old badge or the new one. The full old badge (blue background) was usually used everywhere (e.g. the board or background of logos in pressers used to have the full badge, not just the lion like it always has now) but has been replaced by this standalone lion and the new badge isn’t used at all in a digital sense…

Again, they’ve used the standalone lion and star on the store front rather than the old badge or new one…

For me at least, it suggests that that’s the way we are going in future…

we’ll have to see.

Edited by Jas10

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

For me at least, it suggests that that’s the way we are going in future…

I agree, it does - it'll be interesting to see how they distinguish that from the current (newer) badge, which was designed so that the Lion can be used outside of the badge as a stand alone object (which was something the design team and Mr Purslow were really keen on).

I think what we'll end up with will be Purslow's lion, turned around and on a new shield, we'll spend six figures getting that done and the next CEO will want to change it to prove he's got the biggest set of balls of any CEO so far.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, they may have aother banners with other players about the place.

Either way, the presentation etc looks to have a HECK of an American feel to it.

I like it though.

Love the " Giant is awake "

Looks like you're right, almost all of the others (including Ollie) are on the one they've put on the ticket office.

Untitled.jpg.dde6609da0a29d00f2461a898454ab6f.jpg

On another note, I know as aforementioned the 'uncaged' lion was a key part of the 'rebranding', but for all of the marketing palaver about making the lion face 'forward' just for the 'uncaged' lion used on marketing material to face the old way anyway...

I'm sure it'll all be forgotten about by next summer (because it doesn't matter *that* much and work will be done on the brand by then), but they've definitely made a bit of a mess of the Dragon Rouge rebranding and subsequent half-retraction of it all (coming from someone who really wasn't a fan of it). Nothing bad has or will come of it, really, but it hasn't painted the commercial side of the club in a very professional light. Saying that, the stuff that's been put up on the ticket office and store is still very cool.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 3

The ticket office one is particularly interesting because that building will be demolished in nine months time, so that they care enough to dress it up a little in its last days suggests there's a willingness and perhaps a budget to improve some other things.

• Like 2

I think the lion is going to go back the other way (the way we’re all used to). Happy with a stand alone lion with the club name. Ideally want a touch more detail on the lion.

As an aside, maybe it’s elsewhere or maybe there’s a valid reason as to why not, but it would have been nice to have a few players from the women’s team in those banners they’ve put up.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3

You'd imagine that an update regarding the brand would be coming sooner rather than later if planned: the (badly made) survey on the crest was done last August and all of the public vote work was done by November.

Tried to see what Burnley did with their redesign to find a comparative timeline but seems fans weren't consulted at all despite the FA regulations. In fact, the first they were made aware that it had changed was in a Premier League Twitter graphic! Presumably they got away with it by claiming it wasn't a "material change" as it was just monochroming the old badge? Villa have messed up their rebranding but at least they didn't announce it like that!

Also, I saw a comment that Burnley's crest is just a badge inside of a badge. I've never realised that before but now I don't think I'll ever be able to ever unsee it. I was going to jokingly suggest that Villa's next badge could be like that but after typing how it ought to be "a lion inside a lion" I am having second thoughts

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, they may have aother banners with other players about the place.

Either way, the presentation etc looks to have a HECK of an American feel to it.

I like it though.

Love the " Giant is awake "

STILL no Bailey?! 😆

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I’m convinced that the standalone lion n star will be our new crest…

I don't think it will.

I think it'll feature heavily, and probably be  a badge on it's own on the third kit or something. But I still think we'll go with a proper crest.

All just opinion of course.

Ultimately I don't really care as long as the solution isn't to keep the current badge. As in the Lerner one.

• Like 1

Putting the massive covers on the buildings can only ever be a one year thing. You won't know who's going or staying after the season, so they'll almost certainly be earmarked for a "change if needed" at the end of the season. 

The fact the building is getting knocked down and this was put up doesn't really mean they'll happily spend money tidying up something else that needs it. 

Feels very much like a Heck idea to improve appearances, and build on the connection between the players and the fans that Emery is constantly talking about. I like it!

Also like the standalone lion in the middle. 

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The fact the building is getting knocked down and this was put up doesn't really mean they'll happily spend money tidying up something else that needs it. 

Feels very much like a Heck idea to improve appearances, and build on the connection between the players and the fans that Emery is constantly talking about. I like it!

I like it too, but I wonder if they'd have been better repainting the floors in the Lower Doug Ellis or changing out one of the kiosks in the Upper Holte to self service. 

I'd hope those aren't either/or choices and I'm choosing to believe that the money they've been prepared to spend here on what is a marginal gain on the side of a building that an awful lot of people don't even see on a matchday suggests that there is money to spend around the ground and that they intend to spend it - it's a good sign I think for the large number of other areas that could do with a spruce up.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2023 at 23:19, Jas10 said:

Another hint at our new badge?

Seem to be using it everywhere, including in Unai’s pressers. Some club media/videos too:

Off topic, but I really don’t like us saying the giant is awake. We’ve won F all so far. That should be used when we win the league 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Off topic, but I really don’t like us saying the giant is awake. We’ve won F all so far. That should be used when we win the league 

We can be awake... but maybe still getting out of bed.  I'm not exactly sure what giants do once they're up (eat whole cows?) but I guess that can be put up next year after we've won the Conference League.

• Haha 2

Â