Álex Baena

AvfcRigo82

9 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Frimpongs supposed buyout clause is a relative snip, same with Williams. Those are the fees you'd expect to pay for players like them. 

Baenas is 60 million and he's worth nowhere near that much we will negotiate what we feel is a fair price if we are indeed interested. Personally I hope not as I don't really see what he offers this team and I'd rather spend that money on a number of other players in the summer. 

It's  a lot of money. I don't  think we'll  Baena hurry 

• 4 months later...

https://as.com/futbol/primera/el-aston-villa-estuvo-presente-en-la-exhibicion-de-baena-ante-el-rayo-n/?ssm=TW_CC

Aston Villa was present at Baena's exhibition against Rayo
Damià Vidagany, director of operations, was at the Cerámica in the match against Rayo, the day of the Baena exhibition.

A few days ago you could read in this newspaper that Baena was fully entering the football market, with Emery's Aston Villa also being one of his possible future options. Curiously, Baena's exhibition against Rayo Vallecano was seen live by the English club at Cerámica; more specifically, by the right hand of the Basque coach and important man in Aston Villa's signings, such as Damià Vidagany.

The presence of the Valencian director of operations may have its logic, thinking about a hypothetical trip home and a courtesy visit taking advantage of it. The relationship between Vidagany and Villarreal is very close, also considering that both parties have already carried out other operations. But no one has missed Emery's interest in Baena for some time, just at a time when the player's future is up in the air. Vidagany's presence at Cerámica is unusual: there is no record of a visit since his arrival at Aston Villa, so it is notable that he was there two Sundays ago.

Baena is the player with the most and best market for Villarreal, although his departure would have to be done in a high-caliber operation. An operation that few clubs can afford at the moment, Emery's Aston Villa would be one of their most feasible options. Added to this is the good relationship between footballer and coach, which would favor a possible English offer.

although his departure would have to be done in a high-caliber operation

Do we need a mahogany table to put the bid on?

We need one more attacker in addition to the attackers we already have.

Presuming Zaniolo departs, that leaves Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia, Diaby, and Bailey

If Baena was to sign, it could be seen as Rogers, and Ramsey as left sided options, Diaby and Bailey right sided, and Buendia and Baena for the No.10 role

So two players for each position and with them having the ability to play each others' positions, Rogers can play as a number ten for example

I'm not even sure we will sign an attacker to come straight into the first team, might be another Rogers type, to replace Zaniolo as squad player

I think Kellyman and Young will be out on loan, so Broggio and Jimoh-Aloba in the year below can replace those two as the academy attackers on the periphery of the squad

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

If there is any truth in this rumour, then it's the end for either Buendia or Ramsey.

Well we could be having Bailey/Diaby as the left footed right winger. 

Baena is more flexible like Tielemans and McGinn and can play as a wide 10 and s/s or a CM. 

So could easily have Rogers/JJ for LM and Buendia and Baena as the s/s 

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Cole Palmer is most definitely not overrated. 

As much as that pains me to say. 

Probably underrated if anything

He looks like a kid who hangs around outside the local shops. Not a care in the world.  But he has the lot. 

• Like 1

Â