F: Fulham USA: Thurs July 27 00:00

ender4

Just now, briny_ear said:

Attacking threat much muted compared with Newcastle match.

A muted way of saying that, too. It's a concern. Not feeling super excited about Cam right now, but I don't see the aggression from the midfield, either. 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Subdued all round, but disjointed, Archer struggling to get into the game, needs to be a bit more proactive with his runs in behind.

I think the weather and pitch state is partially responsible.

Also note, this is an experimental side in some aspects.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

A muted way of saying that, too. It's a concern. Not feeling super excited about Cam right now, but I don't see the aggression from the midfield, either. 

He is looking quite lightweight so far.

• Like 1

Archer can't really be blamed he's getting no service, our midfield and Buendia needs to get a hold of the ball and bring likes of Philogene and Archer into the game more in final third.

• Like 4

I've just realised why I stopped being in the match threads, I spend so much time reading and typing that I'm not actually paying attention to what's happening. 

I need to exit! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, useless said:

Archer can't really be blamed he's getting no service, our midfield and Buendia needs to get a hold of the ball and bring likes of Philogene and Archer into the game more in final third.

Yes, Buendia having a quietish game so far.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Really shows how much we miss Luiz once when he's not playing whenever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I hope your right. I really do. But it's not THAT hot. Maybe for England, but it's 25 or so. Everyone seems jet lagged.

Passing out of the back has been poor. No idea why Carlos is the one trying to force all these passes forward when it’s the best part of Pau’s game. Mings/Konsa would normally recycle until they see an opening, but it looks like the defense out there doesn’t look confident enough to do that yet. 

Three things aren't working - we miss Doug's ability to turn us around and get us moving forward and we're struggling to get out centrally - we're limited on the right where Konsa looks uncomfortable and we can't go direct because Archer is outmatched up top.

Interesting to see how Emery will adjust it.

Â