Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

10 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

With all due respect I'd never heard of Monchi until very recently but seems to be a good appointment and no way am I disagreeing with whatever Unai wants. Welcome. Please help us get Muzzy Izzet over the line.

I appreciate the occasional less than worshipful and disagreeing post, actually, even if it's a crackpot shitpost. I'd hate to see us become overly punctilious about appearing never to disagree with St. Unai or question him 😉. As @mjmooney has suggested elsewhere, no one walks on water.

God forbid Madrid or someone comes in for Emery. Vidagany would definitely go with him. 

Presume by giving Monchi such a senior role, reporting to the owners, the hope is that he'd stay. We're his club now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

God forbid Madrid or someone comes in for Emery. Vidagany would definitely go with him. 

Presume by giving Monchi such a senior role, reporting to the owners, the hope is that he'd stay. We're his club now.

I think these guys want to build something rather than jump at the first "big" chance.  They can try and replicate what they have done in Spain but in England and with more money so they can try and break through the ceiling that would have been almost impossible to do in Spain due to the disparity between Real & Barca and the rest.  Winning silverware with us will raise their profile / legacy much more than winning with Madrid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He hasn't paid Elon Musk for his blue tick but that is the legit Monchi account for anyone wondering.

I'm sure he can pay for it now with the big payrise we're giving him. 

A great hire.

Most criticism of him seems to be "he's only performed well at Sevilla", although to be fair he's done an astounding job there.

He says he's learned a huge amount from his time at Roma, so I'd posit he wants to take care of some Unfinished Monchi Business.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If you'd have offered me Monchi or Alemany for this position.

Without a doubt, I'd be choosing Monchi 100 times out of 100.

Every. Single. Time.

14 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

A great hire.

Most criticism of him seems to be "he's only performed well at Sevilla", although to be fair he's done an astounding job there.

He says he's learned a huge amount from his time at Roma, so I'd posit he wants to take care of some Unfinished Monchi Business.

Roma was a free hit and any criticism based on that is to do him a disservice, Emery hardly lit the world alight in Paris either. Only performing well in Seville is the talk of people who literally can't see beyond the Premier League. Sevilla are one of the most successful club in European football, particularly in the last decade. 

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 1

Â