Pau Torres

Delphinho123

I like how he ends up in LB 5 yards from our corner flag with an opposition player charging him putting him under pressure and he just casually side steps with the ball and carries it forward inviting another play to press him and then sliding a 40 yard pass into the feet of a teammate. 

He does this repeatedly. 

• Like 1

Thought it was his best performance in a Villa shirt today. Calm, efficient, positionally great, and his passing was incredible. The goal was the cherry on top.

Enjoy him whilst we've got him. He'd get into almost any progressive team's backline.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Thought it was his best performance in a Villa shirt today. Calm, efficient, positionally great, and his passing was incredible. The goal was the cherry on top.

Enjoy him whilst we've got him. He'd get into almost any progressive team's backline.

🎣

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

🎣

Not at all. I'm not prone to hyperbole or BS. In the first half when the backline was all at sea, his composure allowed us to break the press. He was always available as an outlet and made quite a few interceptions. Seem to remember him pulling the line up a few times too...

Also, his passing was lightyears ahead of any defender on the pitch.

I thought he was our best player again. He stood out in the first half when other players were out of sorts by staying calm and composed. His goal was excellent and I think he’ll be p!ssed that he missed that earlier opportunity

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

He's not magically going to get that yard of pace he needs to be Kyle Walker etc. We play a system where he can be vulnerable and exposed but we play him for various other reasons which he's extremely good at. We have to balance that as otherwise he'd be playing at Man City. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Being dispossessed/having to give away a corner/throw when put under pressure. I expect him to be better at this already. He's good at it, I thought he'd be better. We need him to be. This is his bag.

Stop being walked around by every forward who carries the ball at him. It feels like nearly every time someone goes at him, they get round him. Slow them down or something, don't just get rinsed. I didn't think he'd be this bad at it.

04-18-44-940_512.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

A joy to watch. Excellent player

Nah mate. He needs to be harder. Too fancy mate, too easily beat and bullied. Bring back Shaun Teale. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Looking good but still has his moments. 

He was easily beaten by Kulusevski who should have scored early on. 

Yeah this is the moment that had the alarm bells going off for me, just walked through him like he wasn't even there - this was just before Pau's close chance at the other end - didn't see it happen again though. Decent performance for me, on the whole.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Yeah this is the moment that had the alarm bells going off for me, just walked through him like he wasn't even there

He also walked round him in the second half. Far too easy.

It's a good winger running at a CB, it's tough.

I don't expect him to be Konsa or van Dijk and stop everyone, but he should stop them sometimes!

Â